Can people's sexual traits/identity influence their politics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:58:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can people's sexual traits/identity influence their politics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can people's sexual traits/identity influence their politics?  (Read 581 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: April 13, 2024, 03:05:32 PM »

I believe the boundaries are less about roles or kinks themselves and one's attitudes towards sexuality.

In my personal dating experience the more conservative men I would meet would be very secretive about their sexuality, uncomfortable discussing it, and preferred a more binary perspective on sexual roles. I generally found these men very boring to date because what fun is it to just be stuck in sexuality as a very transactional task-oriented activity?

The more liberal minded men tended to be less stuck on having a label or role, an openness to kinks, but not necessarily a commitment to them, and just a generally open-minded attitude towards sexuality, gender, and therefore politics.

This might simply come down to personality differences. I know lots of gay men who believe in very binary relationship roles and it works for them (they also tend to be extremely uh... conservative on economic issues and are generally Democrats due to the social pressure to be gay and a Democrat). And I know lots of gays who are just less stuck on labels or roles and tend to be extremely progressive.

I think what is fascinating is how much the LGBTQ hatred of Republicans has really harmed they opportunities to win over the more moderate / conservative queer voter. Lots of these people exist but I think they are really turned off by the extreme rhetoric on queer issues even if they might agree on other issues like taxes, policing, Israel, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies