Which running mate would most help Trump in the Rust Belt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:05:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which running mate would most help Trump in the Rust Belt?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which running mate would most help Trump in the Rust Belt?  (Read 303 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2024, 05:27:58 PM »

Given that the Rust Bult is key to winning the election for both candidates, which potential VP pick of the known names he's considering would help Trump most in that area of the country?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 05:30:27 PM »

Trump isn't gonna win the Rust belt he wants to keep tax cuts for the oil Corporation happy that flies in TX, the rust belt except OH doesn't need oil tax cuts
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 05:35:17 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 05:49:35 PM by xavier110 »

Tulsi Gabbard would help him the most. He needs to appeal to disaffected populist/conservaDems, outsider-loving conspiracy theorists entertaining RFK, and non-white voters (some voters fit all three boxes...). Tulsi could theoretically appeal to all three to some degree — at least much better than your cookie cutter vanilla Republican.

On the flip side, picking Nikki Haley would show that Trump can be reformed and bring together the fractured GOP, but he would never stoop so low to appear gentlemanly, statesmanlike, and humble. Choosing her would not help with the three groups mentioned before, but it could bring some politically homeless college ed voters back into Trump’s wing.

Tim Scott is one of the worst choices he could make. Hokey, blatantly racially motivated move, something so PC by someone who claims to be anti-PC and above craven identity stuff, lol.

Most VP choices will be inconsequential to the outcome. No minds will change. There’s at least some greater potential upside with a Tulsi or Nikki, however, where a vote here and there could actually flip.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 06:29:29 PM »

Trump's running mate can only not hurt, much like Pence. Trump is too big if a personality for his running mate to make any sort of difference anywhere.
Plankton5165

P
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 07:02:10 AM »

I would say Stefanik, or maybe indirectly, Rubio.

Because Stefanik lives in NY, and that used to be Trump’s home state as well, so if Rubio is added to the Republican ticket, that would probably force Trump to change his home state back to NY.

Edit: I forgot about J.D. Vance! He would probably be number one!
dspNY
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 09:58:59 AM »

I think Vance would be the best candidate in the Rust Belt and I think the VP will eventually be Vance.

As an aside I think Obama24 should stop spamming the board with threads
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 10:37:32 AM »

I think Vance would be the best candidate in the Rust Belt and I think the VP will eventually be Vance.

Not only that, but picking Vance would almost guarantee Sherrod Brown loses.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 10:50:56 AM »

No, he has defunded the Ukraine vote, he only won due to DeWine he underpolled him by 30%
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 11:17:25 AM »

Trump is already maxed-out in all the character traits that favor Republicans in the Rust Belt.  Picking Vance would double-down on these qualities, but there is probably not much actual upside.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 03:07:02 PM »

I think Burgum, his more quiet and moderate demeanor would make him a good fit for the rust belt suburbs that are critical in the election. While Vance may have some appeal (its debateable) most of it overlaps with Trump already. Burgum would be able to tap into a different set of voters that Trump traditionally struggles with.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 03:12:24 PM »

I think Burgum, his more quiet and moderate demeanor would make him a good fit for the rust belt suburbs that are critical in the election. While Vance may have some appeal (its debateable) most of it overlaps with Trump already. Burgum would be able to tap into a different set of voters that Trump traditionally struggles with.

Biden won when he said that Trump tax cuts favor the rich with oil subsidies, you forgot why Biden won in 20 with his tax cuts for the rich.  Burgum and Vance come from oil states that will double down on tax cuts for the rich
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies