Alaska Borough Results - 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:10:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alaska Borough Results - 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaska Borough Results - 2008  (Read 7852 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 11, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »

I'm sure this subject has already been addressed on the forum (but I'm too lazy to go back and find out) but in case it hasn't, here goes.

Does anyone have the data/results from the Alaska boroughs? I've noticed on Dave's site that he doesn't have a map up with the results by county like he does in every other state (yes, I know, Alaska doesn't have counties but they do have boroughs) so I was just wondering if anyone had the data from the boroughs?

If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Alaska,_2008 you will see a map colored in where the boroughs are colored by who won them (red for McCain, blue for Obama). I took the liberty of finding out the names of the borough and I've listed which ones McCain won compared to the ones won by Obama below. If anyone has or knows where I can go to get the data, it would be greatly appreciated. Smiley

Boroughs Won by McCain
*Aleutians East
*Anchorage
*Bristol Bay
*Denali
*Fairbanks North Star
*Haines
*Kenai Peninsula
*Ketchikan Gateway
*Kodiak Island
*Lake and Peninsula
*Matanuska-Susitna
*North Slope
*Northwest Arctic
*Wrangell
*Unorganized Borough (by census areas: Aleutians West, Dillingham, Prince of Wales-Hyder, Southeast Fairbanks, Valdez-Cordova, Yukon Koyukuk). McCain won the Unorganized Borough At Large.

Boroughs Won by Obama
*Juneau
*Sitka
*Skagway
*Yakutat
*Unorganized Borough (by census areas: Bethel, Nome, Hoonah-Angoon, Wade Hampton, Petersburg).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies