Who is StevenNick?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:05:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Who is StevenNick?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is StevenNick?  (Read 1165 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2004, 05:20:13 PM »

Me and John D. Ford have had lots of debates on the issues, but neither one of us has taken the opportunity to introduce ouselves on a personal level to the voters of the forum.  So, here goes.

I go to this very small public school called the Tacoma School of the Arts.  I guess my school is kind of like a charter school, even though none of the staff will admit it.  Most of our money comes from the Gates Foundation.  I'm just about the only outspoken conservative at the school.  In fact--that's what I'm known for.  I get in debates with just about everyone, yet I manage to maintain friendships with some of the most liberal people imaginable.  We're all just one big, happy family who put the 'fun' back in disfunctional.

I live fairly close to Pt. Defiance park.  There's a lovely tree fort that I found hidden on a remote piece of rocky beach.  You have to climb down an incredibly steep path to get there.  Right next to the fort is a rope swing.  It swings out over the water when it's high tide.  If you walk down the beach a little ways there are a couple more rope swings hidden behind some thick foliage and low hanging tree branches.  This is my favorite place to go.

I'm a big music lover.  My favorites are Bob Dylan, U2, the Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, Television, Sunny Day Real Estate, the Rolling Stones, the Police, Blondie, and Simon & Garfunkel.  My favorite song is "Like a Rolling Stone".  My favorite album is probably The Joshua Tree.

Of course, I spend a lot of time watching Fox News Channel.  I come home from school and put on Fox News.  I pretty much keep watching Fox News until I go to bed.  I'm a total junky.

I read constantly.  Last summer I read The Politics of Prudence by Russell Kirk and that really got me thinking conservatively.  I had been a conservative before that, but POP got me thinking about the roots of conservatism and what it really means to be a conservative.  Recently I gave the book to a friend (one of the few other conservative-leaning types I know at school) and he's been extremely impressed.

Anyway, I guess I've rambled enough.  Just thought I'd share a few things about myself.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 05:22:51 PM »

Nice. Smiley

Good taste in music. And good to hear that you can be friends with people of other political affiliation. I have had the same experience...I often get more friendly with people who have very different political views than I do.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 05:29:32 PM »

I actually don't have that many friends who agree with me.  In fact, I think part of me finds people who agree with me kind of boring.  I really like to debate and I can't debate when I agree with a person.  Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 05:32:26 PM »

Don't vote for StevenNick Republicans--- he thinks you're boring!! Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »

I actually don't have that many friends who agree with me.  In fact, I think part of me finds people who agree with me kind of boring.  I really like to debate and I can't debate when I agree with a person.  Smiley

Yeah, that's the way I usually feel too. My best friend at my old school was a South American marxist...we had a huge row over Lenin, but after that it was mostly fine...I would say things like 'America is a great country' every now and then to bug him though... Wink

At my new school my closest friend is an environmentalist...but most people there are pretty conservative, so I usually bug them with comments about poor people... Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 05:33:58 PM »

Like a Rolling Stone--- LOVE THAT SONG AS WELL
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies