The Second Term of Gerald Ford (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:32:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Second Term of Gerald Ford (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How late do you want this TL to go?
1976-1988

1976-1996

1976-2004

THIS TL NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: The Second Term of Gerald Ford  (Read 66967 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: December 18, 2009, 02:34:54 AM »

Hey, great timeline. Keep up the good work.

Though I can't wait to see Scoop Jackson (hopefully) go down in flames...
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »

Hatfield and McGovern better get their campaigns into shape. Shocked
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

Ouch. Someone doesn't like the TL. Sad

Who?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »

Ugh, if its Jackson vs. Connally, I'll have to support a third-party ticket. Tongue

Keep up the good work on this TL though. Smiley
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

McGovern-Hatfield ftw. Wink
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 11:37:16 PM »

Glad to see the positive feedback. I'll be posting the election either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, probably the latter. Smiley
Any candidates you guys are looking forward to seeing in future elections? (in this TL.)

Well it could be interesting to see Ron Paul make a run for the Republican nomination in '88...Smiley
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 11:54:02 PM »

Glad to see the positive feedback. I'll be posting the election either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, probably the latter. Smiley
Any candidates you guys are looking forward to seeing in future elections? (in this TL.)

Well it could be interesting to see Ron Paul make a run for the Republican nomination in '88...Smiley

I was actually thinking of another TL when i finish this one where the Ron Paul/Goldwater conservatives become the face of the Republican party. Smiley

Blah, I hope to God no one steals this idea. A Ron Paul presidency would be a beautiful thing, he's been great on the House Banking Committee.

Good idea, though Ron Paul is more Robert Taft than Barry Goldwater. Smiley

He could still run here in 88 though, as he did run in real life on the LP ticket. The decision is yours, of course, its your TL.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »

Yay, now McGovern has a chance. Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

How did the Democrat win Indiana though, especially while losing Illinois and Ohio? Huh
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »

I hope Jackson wins in the House. I'm glad to see a hawkish Democratic President after Vietnam and I don't want to see all the hawks removed from the Democratic Party as in RL.

By "RL" you mean your imagination, right?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

I hope Jackson wins in the House. I'm glad to see a hawkish Democratic President after Vietnam and I don't want to see all the hawks removed from the Democratic Party as in RL.

No, RL=Real Life.

Is that an MMORPG or something? Cause here in the real world, the Democrats have been dominated by hawks for decades.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »

No, RL=Real Life.

Is that an MMORPG or something? Cause here in the real world, the Democrats have been dominated by hawks for decades.

You call the Democrats hawks? Oh, please. The Democrats opposed American entry into the Gulf War when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, planned to invade Saudi Arabia and possibly other countries, and threatened American interests. If Democrats are hawks, then Hell froze over.

Yes, I call the Democrats what they are, which is a party of warmongers. The Democrats have never united to oppose war, and certainly not in the past few decades.

And it was a Democratic-controlled Congress that approved Bush I's Gulf War. Roll Eyes
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 01:29:36 AM »

No, RL=Real Life.

You call the Democrats hawks? Oh, please. The Democrats opposed American entry into the Gulf War when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, planned to invade Saudi Arabia and possibly other countries, and threatened American interests. If Democrats are hawks, then Hell froze over.

Yes, I call the Democrats what they are, which is a party of warmongers. The Democrats have never united to oppose war, and certainly not in the past few decades.

And it was a Democratic-controlled Congress that approved Bush I's Gulf War. Roll Eyes

Yes, but that was because nearly all Republicans but only about one-fifth of Democrats in Congress voted in favor of the Gulf War. That 1/5 of the Democratic Party allowed the Gulf War resolution to narrowly pass while about 4/5 of the Democrats in Congress voted against this resolution. If there's two things I'm really angry with about the Democratic Party, it's that nearly all hawks and social conservatives (especially pro-lifers) got kicked out of the party in the 1960s and 1970s. That's why I consider myself a Democratic-leaning independent. I agree with the Democrats very strongly on economic policy, but strongly disagree with them on social issues and foreign policy.

Being anti-war is part of being pro-life. Roll Eyes
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 09:17:28 PM »

No, RL=Real Life.

Yes, but that was because nearly all Republicans but only about one-fifth of Democrats in Congress voted in favor of the Gulf War. That 1/5 of the Democratic Party allowed the Gulf War resolution to narrowly pass while about 4/5 of the Democrats in Congress voted against this resolution. If there's two things I'm really angry with about the Democratic Party, it's that nearly all hawks and social conservatives (especially pro-lifers) got kicked out of the party in the 1960s and 1970s. That's why I consider myself a Democratic-leaning independent. I agree with the Democrats very strongly on economic policy, but strongly disagree with them on social issues and foreign policy.

I'm all in favor of peace. However, sometimes war and other military operations (ex. bombings) are necessary to accomplish a particular goal or to protect a country's interests. In fact, the U.S. bombed the former Yugoslavia twice in the 1990s in order to stop and prevent gencoide, which also causes many innocent human lives to end.

Clinton was a war criminal, yes.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 09:21:27 PM »

No, RL=Real Life.

I'm all in favor of peace. However, sometimes war and other military operations (ex. bombings) are necessary to accomplish a particular goal or to protect a country's interests. In fact, the U.S. bombed the former Yugoslavia twice in the 1990s in order to stop and prevent gencoide, which also causes many innocent human lives to end.

Clinton was a war criminal, yes.

So you're saying you're okay with at least hundreds of thousands of innocent people being brtually murdered for their ehtncicity and/or religion?

No, that's why I oppose Clinton's slaughter in southeast Europe.

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »

We're waiting patiently. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies