Sherrod Brown will win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sherrod Brown will win
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown will win  (Read 4182 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:00:33 AM »

he is very popular through out the state (overall), Stricklend woould only endorse Hackett if both he and Ryan didn't run.  Sherrod Brown's oppent's calls were (about 80-90%) were critisizing him for chalendging Brown, Brown has name regonition, and chirisma, Tim Ryan lacks the former badly, and has had no real fund raising tests.  Ryan it cuting it close, Hackett will have to become congressman to be a serious candidate, and Brown is our best bet.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:25:03 AM »

Paul Hackett for Senate?!?  Listen, don't get carried away with the guy - remember that he's hardly the best thing going for the ODP right now.

Sherrod Brown is most likely to win out of all the Dems, but that doesn't mean he will actually beat DeWine.  It'd take a lot more than that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »

agree with Joe Rerpublic but i bet Brown will win by 3-2%, Ryan will lose by 2ish%, and Hackett will lose by about 10-7%, and Taft is the best thing to the Ohio Democratic Party.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »

DeWine is going to smoke Brown.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 11:29:24 AM »

well said.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »

I don't know how you can carry on saying DeWine will lose to Sherrod Brown without any polling data.  Hell there pretty much is no polling data on DeWine except for a SurveyUSA approval poll taken a few months ago.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 08:01:07 PM »

Outside of Pennsylvania the Dems don't have a realistic shot at beating a GOP incumbent.  Brown would lose by at least 5%, more like 10%.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 08:11:29 PM »

Outside of Pennsylvania the Dems don't have a realistic shot at beating a GOP incumbent.  Brown would lose by at least 5%, more like 10%.
Exactly. We should focus our time, money, and efforts on a realistic race.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »

Exactly. We should focus our time, money, and efforts on a realistic race.

Yeah but then if we lose in PA after pouring 150 million dollars into it it looks real bad.  If we go half-assed and lose it doesn't look as bad.
Rococo4

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 09:50:17 PM »

Brown wont win any race statewide, be it senator or gov.  Hackett running is exactly what DeWine needs to bring back conservatives like me back to him and out to the polls.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

I'm glad we don't have people like you running the party. We would give up on every race where we weren't up by at least 10% in the polls.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 09:55:29 PM »

I don't know how you can carry on saying DeWine will lose to Sherrod Brown without any polling data. 

There is one poll that had Sherrod Brown down by either 5% or 6% against DeWine. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »

I'm glad we don't have people like you running the party. We would give up on every race where we weren't up by at least 10% in the polls.

Pessimism is a side effect of chronic disappointment.  Whether it be with the Mets, Jets, or the Dems, I get disappointed all the time.  So I have turned into a bitter pessimist.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

Pessimism is a side effect of chronic disappointment.  Whether it be with the Mets, Jets, or the Dems, I get disappointed all the time.  So I have turned into a bitter pessimist.

You're only 14, things will get better. America is going through a dark phase right now. It definitely wasn't always like this.

Things really can only get better. Believe me when I say that the Democrats have a chance for a big year in 2006.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 10:29:27 PM »

But for nearly 15 months I was 37!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:24 AM »

So..... which are you?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 02:10:46 AM »

The Boss claimed to be 24 years older than he really is when he first registered on the Forum...or so he claims now. Grin
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 09:54:52 AM »

See the reason I was 37 was so I didn't have to read/see comments like 'you're just 14' plastered on the forum.  That minimizes me as a person and individual and therefore my opinion is less than what it used to be.

That irritates the living sh**t out of me.  Nothing personal against you, Scoonie, just the way it is.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 10:21:06 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2005, 10:23:40 AM by Scoonie »

Boss Tweed, do some reading on the 1990 Paul Wellstone Senate race in Minnesota.

Wellstone was a college professor with no political office experience and next to no money who was down by almost 40% in the polls directly after the Democratic primary to an incumbent Republican Senator with a 70% approval rating and $6 million in his campaign fund.

Guess who ended up winning that race and became one of the most popular politicians in Minnesota history?

The moral of the story is that anyone can win. Money and good poll numbers help, but they are far from deciding factors.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 12:03:51 PM »

Boss Tweed, do some reading on the 1990 Paul Wellstone Senate race in Minnesota.

Wellstone was a college professor with no political office experience and next to no money who was down by almost 40% in the polls directly after the Democratic primary to an incumbent Republican Senator with a 70% approval rating and $6 million in his campaign fund.

Guess who ended up winning that race and became one of the most popular politicians in Minnesota history?

The moral of the story is that anyone can win. Money and good poll numbers help, but they are far from deciding factors.

As with Wellstone vs. Boschwitz, I don't think DeWine is likely to use religious slurs against Brown.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 10:18:49 PM »

Pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.

The Democrats should focus on picking up Govenors races.  There are a lot of incumbent Republican Govenors up in 2006 which can easily fall to a good Democrat candidate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 11:24:27 AM »

See the reason I was 37 was so I didn't have to read/see comments like 'you're just 14' plastered on the forum.  That minimizes me as a person and individual and therefore my opinion is less than what it used to be.

Why didn't you just leave your date of birth blank?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 11:34:43 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2005, 11:36:16 AM by Scoonie »

The Democrats should focus on picking up Govenors races. 

They are. OH, MD, CA, MA, NY, AR, AL, and GA are some of the states that they're focusing on.

They're focusing on Senate and House seats as well. All of it is important if we are to turn this country around.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 03:40:27 PM »

Why didn't you just leave your date of birth blank?

I never thought of that.  Plus it wouldn't have worked, I wouldn't have been able to participate in certain conversations without an age, be it a true age or a false age.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies