Demint says pregnant unwed mothers and homosexuals should not be teachers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Demint says pregnant unwed mothers and homosexuals should not be teachers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support banning homosexuals and/or pregnant unwed mothers from becoming public school teachers?
Ban both

Ban unwed pregnant mothers, but not homosexuals

Ban homosexuals, but not unwed pregnant mothers

Allow both

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Demint says pregnant unwed mothers and homosexuals should not be teachers  (Read 11665 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 14, 2004, 02:43:48 PM »

Don't ask, don't tell

Pregnant, unwed mothers shouldn't be teachers, though. That's ridiculous.

Why not?

DeMint is spewing hate, but that should sell reasonably well in South Carolina.

There were a lot better subjects DeMint could have chosen had he wanted to throw red meat to his base.  Not only that but the quasi-apologies he's given since the debate have killed any chance of his statements helping him with his base.  What happened was he put foot in mouth during a debate and hasn't yet gotten it out despite his attempts to do so.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 11:09:32 AM »

I'll be voting for Inez, altho I won't be in the least bit upset if DeMint wins as I think that either one of them would be a fine Senator, altho for different reasons.  My reason for favoring Inez is simply that I despise the secretive 501(c) groups and one of them, Americans for Job Security,  ran a series of ads against Inez.  If it weren't for their ads, I'd still be undecided in this race.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 02:12:56 PM »

You probably didn't hear about this, but Georgia Secretary of State Cathy Cox wanted to strike the word 'evolution' out of the state curriculum(this idea didn't last after everyone with a brain said 'WTF? You're crazy, woman!').

I heard about that. It was crazy, and luckily the most repsected Georgian in the world, who is pretty Christian himself, threw a fit over it.

It's nice to hear that Zell can throw a sensible fit. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:00:20 PM »

Don't a lot of scientists believe that all humans were born from a single female?

I've never heard that outside of creationist circles. In order for that to be true there would have had to have been many males mating with that one female, otherwise there would have been worse inbreeding problems. Now, what could be much more realistically supposed is that one female, of the species before humanity, was the first to have a specific mutated gene and gave birth to multiple offspring with that mutated gene, and those offspring mated, spreading the gene, and their offspring did the same, and so forth, because one or two mutations would not necessarily make those with the new gene incompatible with the others of their species without the gene. Humanity likely evolved from both survival of the fittest and mutation, as most species would have.

Mitochondrial DNA, which naturally enough, is found in the mitochodria and not the nucleus, is inherited only from the mother.  Based on studies of MDNA variation it has been estimated that all humans living today can trace their origin to a single female living appoximately 600,000 years ago.  That isn't to say that all other females living at that time don't have living descendants, merely that this hypothetical female is everyone's greatn[-grandmother.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 04:26:35 PM »

I'd just like to say that today I found out that one of my teachers is pregnant and due in May.  Yet it was only two weeks ago that she married another of my teachers.
They're both pretty good teachers.  Do any of yall actually believe they should both be fired?
Going by the standards of 100 years ago, she should have been fired two weeks ago when she got married, as no respectable wife would be working outside the home. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 11:41:07 PM »

It took DeMint way too long to start running it, but he's finally running the ad he should have been running weeks ago with George Bush praising him.  The last of the scheduled debates was last night so from here on out it'll be an ad war.  In the end, it could boil down to what the weather is like on the afternoon and evening of November 2 here in SC.  It's that close, and it likely will remain that way, altho I think that DeMint has the advantage, but a bad DeMint ad or a good Inez ad could easilt tip things the other way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies