True Justice: Gantt beats Helms in 1990! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  True Justice: Gantt beats Helms in 1990! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How the hell should win the election?
Mario Cuomo

George HW Bush

Ross H. Perot

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: True Justice: Gantt beats Helms in 1990!  (Read 36097 times)
Historico
United States

« on: December 03, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Awesome, I guess were going to have to stick around to see what happens with Gantt's careear because I do feel like your setting him up for the Presidency. Clinton may decide to go with his pick, to balance out the ticket better against the forever dull Al Gore. Can't wait to see what's happnes next...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »

Hmm...Im pretty intrigued about what you may have in store for the 1992 Election...especially on the Democratic Side, the reason why Clinton didn't choose Governor Douglas Wilder of Virginia on the ticket was that he felt as if putting a Black Man on the ticket would weaken his support amongst the Southern White(Probably Rightfully so). On the other hand , seeing how long and drawn out the '92 Primary Race was there is no gaurantee that Bill gets the nod ITTL. Maybe Gantt's victory inspires Mario Coumo to get off his ass and finally run? Or if Tsongas or Brown gets the nomination then Gantt's chance are much better....Just a couple of ideas I had, can't wait to see what you have cooked up.
Historico
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »

Nobody really cares about the Delegates counts, but Ben's pretty good at figuring out totals so he may be able to help you out on that. I do have a problem with your Primary figuration...I think Cuomo would have effectivley pushed Tsongas out of the Race so he could atleast lock down his home region of the Northeast. Cuomo is a strong candidate not necessarily for his appeal to the South but his potential to bring back those Reagan Democrats(Blue Collar, Catholic, White Ethnic Voters in the Rust Belt). Wilder without Clinton should still be able to bring in the South(Look at Jesse Jackson's Primary wins from '84 and '88) or even be stronger than Jesse due to his actual Government Expeirence and his DLC Moderate Policies. Brown should be able to hold the Far West. Kerry and Harkin should be able to split the Midwest and some of the votess. But I actually think '92 could have resulted in a Deadlocked Convention, in which Cuomo could clinch the nomination by getting one of the candidates to endorese him
Historico
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »

Can't wait to see what happens look like all eyes are going to be on California and Ohio before going in to the convention...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »

To quote Mayor Daley..."No More than Five" lol, Nice and Consise update on the alt Democratic Convention the Democratic Party seems to be thoroughly divided which wont be good news going into the election against Bush and Perot. Maybe Casey, finally gives in and throws his support behind fellow catholic Cuomo and we can call this thing a day lol...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 12:53:20 PM »

Awesome, Although I know Perot wanted to get a Moderate Democart to try to balance the ticket, I just think he needs someone with actual Government Expierence to sure up Traditional Voters. And Wilson is just that man, also I had a feeling the Cuomo/Gantt ticket would happen just waiting on you lol. Can't wait to see the debates between; Bush/Quayle vs. Cuomo/Gantt vs Perot/Wilson...Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »

Hmm...The Bush/Quayle campaign does seem to be sinking pretty fast, while Perot with Wilson at his saide looks more and more formidble by the day. It seems like all the marbles are going to come down to the debates, like they did IOTL. Electoral Map wise thing's will get pretty interesting...I say that Bush holds most of the South, Perot takes votes in the Midwest and the Upper Northeast, While Cuomo nails the Rust belt, and maybe afew Southern States(Ie North Carolina) due to high black voter turnout...It will be a cool one to see...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies