Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold  (Read 28097 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »

President Benson Rockefeller heads off to Atlanta, Georgia, to address the Southern Governor's Association Conference.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to be here today to address this great conference right here in the heart of Rockefeller country.

Laughs from the audience.

As a precautionary measure, I have my driver waiting just outside those doors in the Presidential limo..........with the engine running.

Uproarious laughter from the audience.

As you are aware, as President, I have emphasized the necessity to seek out the views and priorities of the nation's Governors.  As a former Governor myself, I believe it is in the national interest to have the input of the state leaders and to have their perspective on issues facing the nation as they relate to the states and the regions. 

I have already met with serveral of our nation's Governors one on one, some with whom I have met are in this room today, and I  plan on meeting with the other's as soon as it can be mutually arranged.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 11:38:17 PM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

President Benson Rockefeller meets in the Oval Office with Secretary of State John Warner and Secretary of Veterans Affairs John Chafee, who Rockefeller refers to as his Kitchen Cabinet.

BWR:  My cousin Jay has advised me just a few moments ago that he has agreed to become the new Ambassador to the PRC.

Warner:  Good news.  Jay will do a great job.

BWR:  I've decided my first foreign visit will be to the U.K. to meet with Prime Minister John Major.  John W, please have the State Department arrange this for late February.  My first foreign visit will not be with that moron Chretien up in Canada.  I can't stand that egotistical jerk.

There's no left over tape machines from the Nixon administration still here in the Oval Office are there?  (Laughs)

Chafee:  I certainly hope not.  I was here during the Nixon administration, meeting with him here in this office a few times.  I wouldn't want those tapes to resurface.

BWR, Warner, Chafee:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 11:55:39 PM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

Still meeting with Warner and Chafee, the President receives an urgent call.

Yes Lawrence.  What?  Has he lost his mind completely?  That maniac doesn't know what he's messing with.  Yes.  Get over here right away.  Okay.  Yes.  Thanks Lawrence.

John W, you're gonna have to stay.  That was Eagleburger on the line.  Looks like it's going to be a long night.  John C, please join us.  I'll get in touch with the White House Chief of Staff  right away.

Bill, yes, please arrange for the Vice President, Defense Secretary Cheney, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the CIA Director, and the other members of the National Security Council to get over to the Situation Room right away.  Yes, that's right.  Okay.  Thanks.  See you in a few minutes.  And please arrange to have Condi advised in New York.  Yes.  Good.  See ya.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2010, 09:31:47 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

The Situation Room

BWR:  Larry, please update the events for everyone.

Eagleburger:  About an hour ago, in the Sea of Japan, four battle ships of the North Korean navy seized the USS Blue Ridge of the seventh fleet on the pretense that it had entered North Korean waters.  The USS Blue Ridge was well within international waters at the time of the seizure.

BWR:  The concensus?

Warner:  Belligerent act.......................................

Cheney:  Requires swift action.........................................

Dole:  We should make an example of this incident............................

General Shalikashvili (Joint Chiefs):  Mr. President, this is a clear act of aggression..........

BWR:  I concur.  If we fail to act, and act quickly, the world will see us as indecisive.  Secretary Cheney, give the orders to the Seventh fleet.  

Cheney:  It will be my pleasure, Mr. President.

BWR:  That diabolical despot  will regret the day he messed with America or their President.  If he wants to test the mettle of the new President, the Dear Leader (saying it sarcastically) is about to find out he's made the biggest mistake of his life.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »

This is CNN.

We now take you live to the Oval Office in the White House, where President Benson Rockefeller is to address the nation.

Good evening my fellow Americans.  I have requested air time this evening in order to discuss with you a matter of grave national concern.

Approximately three hours ago, four battle ships from the North Korean navy, in an illegal action, seized a vessel of the United States Navy seventh fleet, the USS Blue Ridge, in the Sea of Japan, claiming, in a blatant lie, that the vessel had crossed over into North Korean waters.  The USS Blue Ridge was well within international waters at the time when North Korea committed this brazen act of aggression.  The American vessel was taken to the North Korean port of Wonsan.

At this hour, following my orders, a huge armada of United States vessels of the seventh fleet, battle ships, destroyers, aircraft carriers, is enroute to North Korea.  I have put the North Korean government and their leader, Kim Jong Il, on notice, that if even one member of the American crew is harmed in any way, that North Korea will be facing swift and severe retribution.

I am not prepared to negotiate, I am not prepared to bargain, I am not prepared to spend needless weeks finding a concensus at the United Nations.  The leadership of North Korea has one option, and one option only.  And that option is this.....that the USS Blue Ridge, and its' entire crew, is released unharmed within twenty four hours, or North Korea will face the consequences.

My fellow Americans, good evening.   
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

This is CNN.

We now take you live to the Oval Office in the White House, where President Benson Rockefeller is to address the nation.

Good evening my fellow Americans.  I have requested air time this evening in order to discuss with you a matter of grave national concern.

Approximately three hours ago, four battle ships from the North Korean navy, in an illegal action, seized a vessel of the United States Navy seventh fleet, the USS Blue Ridge, in the Sea of Japan, claiming, in a blatant lie, that the vessel had crossed over into North Korean waters.  The USS Blue Ridge was well within international waters at the time when North Korea committed this brazen act of aggression.  The American vessel was taken to the North Korean port of Wonsan.

At this hour, following my orders, a huge armada of United States vessels of the seventh fleet, battle ships, destroyers, aircraft carriers, is enroute to North Korea.  I have put the North Korean government and their leader, Kim Jong Il, on notice, that if even one member of the American crew is harmed in any way, that North Korea will be facing swift and severe retribution.

I am not prepared to negotiate, I am not prepared to bargain, I am not prepared to spend needless weeks finding a concensus at the United Nations.  The leadership of North Korea has one option, and one option only.  And that option is this.....that the USS Blue Ridge, and its' entire crew, is released unharmed within twenty four hours, or North Korea will face the consequences.

My fellow Americans, good evening.   
SEND IN THE NIMITZ!
Unfortunately, I'm guessing nobody on here gets that (hint: it's from a Christopher Buckley book)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 01:44:49 AM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

This is CNN.  I'm Bernard Shaw, News Anchor.

Alex, what do you make of the President's address?

Well Bernie, it was very clear, both from the content of the President's address and from his manner of delivery, that this is a President who is dead serious about the course of action he has embarked upon and upon which he has committted the United States.  He has backed up his very tough talk with what is evidently a massive show of force from the U.S. seventh fleet, enroute at this time to North Korea.  If I was advising Kim Jong Il,  I would tell him not to try second guessing the resolve of the President of the United States.

Thank you Alex.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »

United Nations General Assembly

U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Condoleezza Rice, condemns the actions of North Korea.

Mr. Secretary General, delegates, as you are by now aware, North Korea has seized a United States navy vessel in an unmitigated, illegal and deplorable act of piracy on the high seas.  The United States of America condemns this despicable act in the strongest possible terms.

North Korea has fabricated a ridiculous story that the American vessel was captured because it was in North Korean waters.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  The American vessel was well within international waters at the time of this unprovoked attack.

Approximately one hour ago, President Rockefeller has ordered the release of the crew, unharmed, and the vessel, within twenty four hours, and has authorized the United States Navy to take whatever action necessary to accomplish this.  A large contingent of United States naval ships and personnel is at this time on its' way to North Korea.

No civilized nation or society can justify these acts of North Korea in any way, shape or form.  The clock is ticking, and for the sake of North Korea, this deadline had best be met.       
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS.........."THE CLOCK IS TICKING" RICE AT UN TELLS NORTH KOREA
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »

This is CNN.  I'm Bernard Shaw, News Anchor.

Some very tough talk from UN Ambassador Condoleezza Rice at the UN General Assembly, backing up the previous equally tough remarks of President Rockefeller.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »

This is CNN.

We now take you live to the State Department, where Secretary of State John Warner is about to begin a press conference.

Secretary of State John Warner:  Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming here on  short notice.

I have been in contact with several governments around the world, and they have either come out in complete support of the actions taken by the United States in this crisis situation, or have taken a hands off approach.

Our allies stand behind us unreservedly, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, the members of the European Union.

The Russian Federaton and the People's Republic of China have taken a neutral stance.

The world's democracies have agreed that the actions of North Korea are completely deplorable and illegal, and have condemned North Korea in the strongest possible terms.

If our deadline is not met, as the President has said, the consequences for North Korea will be swift and severe.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 07:56:34 PM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

This is CNN.  

Breaking news at this hour..........

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il has delivered an impassioned speech before hundreds of thousands of North Koreans in Pyongyang, denouncing President Rockefeller as, quote, the imperialist war  monger Rockefeller, unquote, and decrying the United States as, quote, the evil, decadent, degenerate empire, unquote.  He made no mention at all of the current crisis.

And across North Korea, huge crowds of people have been burning the American flag and have been burning President Rockefeller in effigy, shouting down with American imperialism, down with  Rockefeller.

In contrast, huge crowds have been gathering in major cities all across the United States carrying pictures of President Rockefeller and pictures of the USS Blue Ridge, shouting We support our President, Free the Blue Ridge, and waving the Stars and Stripes.

We now take you live to Times Square in New York City, where hundreds of thousands are participating in this type of demonstration.

Danielle, please explain the scene for us.

Bernie, this is a huge, raucous demonstration.  The crowd is estimated at 350,000.  As you can see, they have literally thousands of pictures of President Rockefeller and thousands more pictures of the USS Blue Ridge, and the Stars and Stripes is being waved by thousands upon thousands of people in the crowd.   This crowd is boisterous and really fired up about the capture of the American navy vessel, and are showing their support for the USA, for the President and for the troops in a very public and noisy demonstration.  

Thank you Danielle.  

Well, it would appear  that a huge wave of patriotism has swept the nation.  Similar demonstrations to the one you have just been watching in New York City are currently taking place all across the country, north, south, east and west.

I'm Bernard Shaw.  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »

Goldmined.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

Three hours before the deadline, the massive armada of the United States Seventh Fleet appears on the North Korean horizon, continuing to within ten miles of the North Korean shoreline, where it comes to a halt.

Knowing the potential ramifications of this operation, the world waits, holding its' collective breath.

In DC, the political and military leadership of the nation have come together at the Command Center in the Pentagon, tracking the fleet and keeping in close contact with the leaders of the operation on board.

Those at the Command Center, President Rockefeller, Vice President Dole, Secretary of State Warner, Secretary of Defense Cheney, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Chafee, who was invited by the President, National Security Adviser Eagleburger, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Rice, who flew in from New York just three hours before, the Director of the CIA, the Joint Chiefs, and about fifty other military officers and personnel.

There has been no word from the North Korean leadership since the Kim Jong Il speech a few hours ago.  The nationwide demonstrations in North Korea denouncing President Rockefeller and the United States have ceased, and the nationwide patriotic demonstrations in the United States have ended.

The nation, and it would seem the world, are now quietly awaiting the outcome of this  political battle of wills and this high stakes test of global brinkmanship.         

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2010, 08:42:38 PM »

The American armada sits and waits ten miles off the North Korean coast for two hours.  With one hour to go before the American imposed deadline expires, the U.S. Seventh fleet receives orders from Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Jay Johnson.

Ready the planes, prepare the fleet to advance.

The roar of airplane engines preparing for flight can be heard, and the ships are readied to move.

Exactly thirty minutes before the deadline is to expire, a ship to ship radio message comes in from the USS Blue Ridge to the lead ship of the Seventh Fleet.

This is Captain Dennison of the USS Blue Ridge.  The Blue Ridge is now commencing its' exit from the port of Wonsan.  All crew and personnel are accounted for, safe, and well.  God bless America.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2010, 09:37:47 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

As the news that the USS Blue Ridge is exiting the port of Wonsan is broadcast across America and around the world, cheers go up in schools where students have been following the unfolding events, at shopping malls where shoppers have been watching the drama on mall televisions, at arenas where thousands are attending sporting events, at the workplace, in homes.

It would seem that people the entire world over, and in particular people all across the United States, have been engrossed in this story, wondering if it would end peacefully, or possibly in some kind of an armed conflict between a world super power, and a tiny impoverished nation that has been virtually destroyed by a vain and ruthless dictator.

One place in particular where cheering could be heard was in the Command Center in the Pentagon.  It was at that time when the President and his close cabinet colleagues knew for certain that their gamble had paid off.  They would not have to commence military action, at this time, against North Korea and its' Little Clown Prince, as the President calls Kim Jong Il.    
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »

As the news that the USS Blue Ridge is exiting the port of Wonsan is broadcast across America and around the world, cheers go up in schools where students have been following the unfolding events, at shopping malls where shoppers have been watching the drama on mall televisions, at arenas where thousands are attending sporting events, at the workplace, in homes.

It would seem that people the entire world over, and in particular people all across the United States, have been engrossed in this story, wondering if it would end peacefully, or possibly in some kind of an armed conflict between a world super power, and a tiny impoverished nation that has been virtually destroyed by a vain and ruthless dictator.

One place in particular where cheering could be heard was in the Command Center in the Pentagon.  It was at that time when the President and his close cabinet colleagues knew for certain that their gamble had paid off.  They would not have to commence military action, at this time, against South Korea and its' Little Clown Prince, as the President calls Kim Jong Il.   

I guess you meant North Korea.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »

Yes, corrected.  Thank you.

I am sure the President does not want to create a crisis in the south part of the Korean peninsula.  Smiley
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »

Bully
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »

Yes, corrected.  Thank you.

I am sure the President does not want to create a crisis in the south part of the Korean peninsula.  Smiley

Well, I remember when I mentioned, in some of my earlier stories, unpledged Dixiecrats electors in Mississippi... and I wrote "in Minnesota".
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2010, 08:10:44 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

After the USS Blue Ridge has been completely inspected to ensure no explosives or monitoring equipment have been placed anywhere in or on the ship, it accompanies the rest of the fleet back to the U.S. base at Yokosuka, Japan.

The fleet, and in particular, the crew of the Blue Ridge, are met at the base by the other U.S. military personnel remaining at the base, with cheering and a military band.

The day after the arrival of the fleet back at the base, a huge WELCOME BACK banner is set up on the Blue Ridge, as the fleet prepares to welcome the Blue Ridge and crew back to the base.

At 10:00 A.M., the entire crew is gathered on the deck of the Blue Ridge.  A helicopter slowly touches down, and the Commander in Chief steps out, wearing U.S. navy fatigues.   

The President of the United States, the Commander in Chief of the United States military, is met by rousing cheering and clapping from the assembled sailors.  The President plunges into the crowd, shaking hands, greeting the personnel.

Welcome back, nice to see ya.  Thank you for your tremendous service to America.

The sailors gather to have their individual pictures taken with the President.  Everyone is all smiles, and the atmosphere on the ship is cheerful and upbeat.

This event is being broadcast live to the entire Yokosuka base, to U.S. military bases around the world, and to the entire United States.

The President stands before the assembled crew and addresses them.

My friends, my fellow Americans, soldiers of the United States of America, sailors of the USS Blue Ridge, the entire nation is so proud of you, and thanks you for your courage and determination in the face of danger.

Let the world know, freedom will triumph over captivity, and justice over tyranny..........

At the conclusion of his remarks, President Rockefeller awards each member of the Blue Ridge crew the Navy Cross.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »

The Clinton residence in Chappaqua, New York.

Bill and Hillary are watching coverage of the President on the USS Blue Ridge.

Bill:  That media whore Rockefeller.  I should be the one on the Blue Ridge basking in all that glory. 

Hillary:  Bill, the only reason you'd be on the Blue Ridge is if there were some young, pretty, female crew members who you thought you could impress.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2010, 11:03:33 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

The day after his visit to the crew and personnel of the U.S. Seventh Fleet, President Rockefeller returns to DC to deal with another crisis threatening the well being of Americans, in fact, threatening the well being of people the world over.

Enroute back to DC on Air Force One, the President receives an emergency call from Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alveda King.    

Back in the Oval Office, the President meets with the HHS Secretary, three disease and virus experts from the department, Secretary of the Treasury Mitt Romney, and Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao.

AK:  Mr. President, I really hated to put a damper on the great news about the Blue Ridge, but I felt it important that I inform you immediately about the situation my department has been monitoring since yesterday, when information first started emerging about it.

BWR:  Alveda, you did the right thing.  Anymore details in this unfolding situation?

AK:  Details are sketchy at the moment, but we have learned that this virus, which has its' origins in China, and has been named the Shenzhen virus, as it is believed to have originated in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, is spreading rapidly westward, and it is deadly Mr. President.  

BWR:  Just how deadly is it, and when does HHS estimate it will hit the U.S. Alveda?

AK:  Our experts in the department estimate it will hit with full force in about one month Mr. President.  From what we know about it, it is most likely to develop into the most deadly virus in the history of the world, with the potential to result in millions of deaths, unless we are successful in developing an effective vaccine, which we are working on at this time.  

The President rests his chin on his right hand, contemplating the enormity of this situation.

BWR:  And who are the most vulnerable to this virus?  

AK:  Mr. President, from what we have been able to learn, we believe the most suspectible to this virus are children, teens, those with already weakened immune systems, such as diabetics, and the elderly.

The President sits back in his chair, contemplating.

BWR:  I do not want panic to overtake the nation, and I do not want misleading or false information about the virus becoming common place in the country.  Please provide me with the facts, with an honest assessment of the virus, its' potential, and our best defense against it.  I will be going on television tomorrow evening to lay the facts out for the American people, and to assure the natiion that all possible steps are being taken to protect our people in this crisis.  I will be laying out in clear terms this administrations' plan to deal with this crisis.

BWR:  Mitt, please ensure whatever funds necessary are available to HHS.

MR:  Already taken care of, Mr. President.

BWR:  Elaine, please ground all U.S. flights to the far east, and for the time being, please ensure that no flights from the far east land in the U.S.

EC:  Already done, Mr. President.

BWR:  You know, I believe I have the best team ever directing the affairs of this nation.  Thank you all so much.

MR, AK, EC:  Thank you Mr. President.          

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 12:22:38 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

All programming is preempted for President Rockefellers' address to the nation.

My fellow Americans, I come before you this evening to discuss a most pressing matter for America, and, in fact, for the world.  I shall not attempt to underplay or minimize the harsh reality of the situation we face.  

As most of you will have heard by now, an extremely potent and dangerous virus, known as the Shenzhen virus, as scientists have pinpointed its' origins to the Chinese city of Shenzhen, is spreading, and, if not arrested, will soon reach the North American continent.

Experts in the Department of Health and Human Services have estimated that this virus will reach the United States, and the Western Hemisphere, in approximately one month.

At my instructions, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alveda King, is directing and implementing emergency measures to protect our people against this virus.  Secretary of the Treasury Mitt Romney has directed all funds necessary to this effort are made available.  Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao has already grounded all U.S. flights scheduled for the far east,  and has directed that any flights from the far east are not to land in the United States.

Those most at risk from this virus are children,  teens, those with already weakened immune systems, such as diabetics, and the elderly.  But make no mistake, due to the nature of this virus, we cannot assume that anyone is immune from its' effects.

I wish to assure the nation that the Department of Health and Human Services is in the process of developing an anti virus vaccine.  Every effort that can humanly possibly be made is being made in order to meet the timely production and distribution of this vaccine.  The United States of America, and the world community, is about to embark upon the largest immunization effort in the history of the world.

I call upon our people to brace yourselves for the trying and difficult times that lie ahead.  This is not a time to panic.  This is a time to muster our courage and to pull together as a nation.  

Together, my fellow Americans, we will succeed.  We shall pull through this crisis, and in the process, we shall be strengthened as a nation.

Thank you, and good evening.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »

The following day, Secretary of Health and Human Services Alveda King speaks in a nationwide broadcast from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Good evening.  I am Alveda King, the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.

The Rockefeller administration has implemented an emergency measures program in order to combat the Shenzhen virus.

We urge everyone to follow the following measures in order to best protect you and your loved ones from this virus.

Don't panic! You can protect yourself somewhat from the new Shenzhen virus by keeping your hands clean and remembering a few preventive measures.  The outbreak of the Shenzhen virus is spread person to person.  With this new Shenzhen virus, even if you have received the influenza virus shot this year you will not be protected.  This Shenzhen virus is spread by respiratory droplets transmitted through the air by person to person or person to an object. The respiratory droplets are spread from the infected person to another person or object. Someone touches the object contaminated with the Shenzhen virus and or infected person and then touches hand to mouth, nose, eye- contracting the Shenzhen virus; and does NOT wash hands! The incubation period is 24-48 hours from the time of exposure.  The earliest and most important step to protection and prevention of the Shenzhen virus is hand washing!

Keeping your hands clean is the most important step to avoid getting sick and spreading the Shenzhen virus. Wash your hands with clean running warm water and hand soap. Rub your hands together to form lather. DO NOT use anti-bacterial soap; the Shenzhen virus is NOT a bacteria. An alcohol-based hand rub is also acceptable.

Just follow the easy handwashing steps! Wet hands while running water and apply soap to hands, scrubbing all surface of hands vigorously. Scrub hands for 20 seconds.

Dry hands with paper towels when fighting the Shenzhen virus. Rinse hands under running water. Dry hands using paper towel or air dry. Use paper towel to turn off faucet to avoid touching a possibly Shenzhen virus contaminated object.

Avoid close contact with people who are suspected to be sick with the new virus. If you are sick and or have a fever stay home from school, work, etc. Consult your primary care physician.

Use a tissue! If you sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth with tissue- if no tissue is available use your upper sleeve or elbow. Do NOT use your hand. Throw the tissue away in waste basket.

By tomorrow, these instructions will appear in all the print media, be posted prominently in public places across the country, and will be available online.

Keep in mind these are practical measures only, and will help in the prevention of the spread of this virus.  They will, however, in and of themselves, not necessarily protect you from contracting this virus. 

Therefore, we are, as President Rockefeller has advised in has address last evening, in the process of developing and distributing an anti virus vaccine.  This vaccine will be made available nationwide, and will be administered in an orderly and efficient manner.  We urge everyone age two and older to receive the vaccine, unless your doctor has advised that for some medical reason you should not receive it.

Very important, we have now learned that infants, newborn to age two, have a natural immunity to this virus.   

Please, do not panic.  The government has the situation well in hand. 

The Rockefeller administration and the Department of Health and Human Services will continue to monitor the situation, and will advise the public immediately of any new developments.

Thank you and good evening.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies