Trees (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trees (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trees  (Read 3838 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 01, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2010, 09:51:41 PM by Fez-bomb »

Good topic idea!  I'm fascinated by trees.  There are two gigantic locust trees in my backyard shading our deck.  I love those, but they shed a lot of crap.  I'd like to see the Redwoods someday, they are incredible.  The palm trees along streets in LA amaze me as well.  Oaks like the ones in the picture are cool, too.  There's a gigantic one downtown George Washington used to sit under.  I'm basically a huge fan of gigantic, widespread trees that create canopies.  There's a section of road down the street that is completely covered by trees very high above the road itself that I just love.

fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

Duke and Fez are referring to Live Oaks, which have a tendency to rot in the middle and fall over on your house and car with little to no warning. They also grow like weeds, they are a pain in the ass to remove and the stumps keep growing back over and over, they're pretty though. I personally like either the dogwood or Magnolia tree. I have somewhat of an affinity for the Palmetto but they aren't always popular.

Yeah.  Actually, Elon means oak tree in Hebrew and the campus is loaded with them.  It's a huge part of the school.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies