Mr. Trump runs for the White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:07:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mr. Trump runs for the White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: How would you guys rate this so far?
A: + or -

B: + or -

C: + or -

D: = or -

F

I need to quit writing TL's

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Mr. Trump runs for the White House  (Read 29100 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

Donald Trump was at a personal crossroads.  After spending most of his life building his real estate empire, Mr. Trump has a hard time figuring out what to do next. Trump has been on a roll as of late, due to his resurgence from a financial debt that Mr. Trump has built up over the 80’s thanks his business failures (USFL) and his two divorces. But, Mr. Trump wanted something more, and he found it one day thanks to a certain presidential candidate.

“I am announcing today that I am running for President. It is time for this country to switch to Conservative polices, and I believe that I am the right person to make that transition. I am a Compassionate Conservative.” The man that was speaking was Governor Bush of Texas, the Son of Former President Bush. Trump knew the man since the early 90’s, when he met him in the White House visiting Former President Bush. “This is not good, we can’t allow him to become President” Trump tells one of his aids, “He’s a freaking moron, and don’t even get me started on Gore”. “But, how can we stop him Mr. Trump?” said the aid. “I guess I will run myself”. "The Country needs another choice Sam, someone who has sense and is not afraid to lead."

The favorite for the Republican Nomination

The Favorite for The Democratic nomination

“I will pull a Perot, but I will win this time, I promise you that.” “Mr. Trump you can’t be serious”, Said the aide. “I am Sam. I will announce it tomorrow and build my campaign staff, if you want top stay on you can come join me and the Campaign staff.” “Sure, I will Mr. Trump.” “That will be all for now Sam” “Thanks Mr. Trump.” The aid leaves the office. “Jean?” “Yes Mr. Trump?” “Get me Ross Perot on the line.” “Yes Sir”.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:23 PM »

Any feedback would be apprecated.

Just don't ,make fun of my writing, it's hard to make TL'S and i am not the world's best writer but i try though.
enlightened despot
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »

I'll definitely read this even if it gets unbelievable. Trump's ability to carry out public feuds (his spat with Rosie O' Donnell comes to mind, but I know there's been others) should make for a wild campaign.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »

On December 10th, 1999, Billionaire Donald Trump made an announcement that shook the Political Establishment. “I am here today to announce my intentions to run for President of The United States as a Candidate of the Reform Party. I believe America has been given the short end of the stick regarding the Candidates from both parties, and I am running to give the voters a logical choice. Yesterday, I Called Mr. Ross Perot, we talked about the state of the election and the party, what I plan to accomplish, and Mr. Perot gave me his endorsement.  My Campaign Expect's a primary battle with Mr. Buchanan, but after the endorsement of the public in the party primaries, I will visit every state in this union to get my voice heard and my opinion spread. This will be a tough battle, but it’s a battle we can win, thank you very much for coming, and have a good day.”

After the announcement, the nightly news was full of Political news about Trump’s entry. The most memorable moment was NBC News’s Tim Russert calling the announcement “One of the greatest things a third party can do, scare the two major parties.” With the announcement of trump in the race, the move set up a Primary battle between Trump and Buchanan, the first such battle of the new Reform Party. Trump led the nation wide polls for the Reform Party forty percent to Thirty Percent of Buchanan.

Tim Russert discussing Trump's Campaign on Meet The Press

On January 24th 2000, All Three parties had their first Primary Contests. Here is the Results:

Bush(Red)-45
MccCain(Blue)-35
Forbes(Brown)-10
Others-10

Gore(Blue)-50
Jackson(Purple)-35
Bradley(Green)-10
Wilder(Red)-5

Trump(Green)-55
Buchanan(Red)-45

Trump was happy after winning the caucus, but knew that the fight has just started. But, how will Trump manage when he is attacked by Buchanan?

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »

After the Iowa Caucus, Mr. Trump had a reason to feel good. He won the Iowa Caucus for the reform Party, the first such primary in the history of the party, and faced little opposition from his opponent Pat Buchanan in Iowa. But, his lucky streak was about to change with the release of a television ad by the Buchanan campaign.

“Donald Trump says he is campaigning for the best of the Country, but do you really think he is best for the country? Let’s take a look at the facts: Mr. Trump has had many successes and failures in his business career, does the USFL ring a bell? Or how about the near failure of the popular Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, New Jersey? Let’s face the facts Donald trump is not perfect at managing his budget, would you trust him in the White House?”

Mr. Trump immediately attacked Buchanan's claims, “Mr. Buchanan’s seems like he is confused about my past financial history. Let me explain all of what Buchanan tried to attack me about. The USFL was an attempt at another choice for professional football fans. The league was not even created by me; rather, I owned the New Jersey football team. As for the Trump Plaza, the hotel filled for Bankruptcy during the 1992 recession, but however nowadays it’s making money big time again. So, that’s the truth and I am sticking to it.”

As a result Buchanan pulled the ad, and was attacked by the Media for negative advertising. The incident did not bother Trump as much afterwards, who went on a campaign tour in the Northeast, while Buchanan toured the Middle Part of the country. Here is the current map of the Reform Party:

Green-Trump
Red-Buchanan

On the Republican side, Front runner George W. Bush of Texas was facing a challenge from Arizona Senator John McCain, and Steve Forbes, the heir to the Forbes Magazine throne. Here is the current primary map:

Bush-Blue
McCain-Red
Forbes-green
Vice President Gore also faced opposition from former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley, Senator Douglas Wilder of Virginia, and former two time Candidate Reverend Jesse Jackson. The Democratic Primary was the first time in history in which a party had two African American candidates running for the Presidential Nomination of a Major Party. Here is the Map:

Gore-Red
Bradley-Blue
Jackson-Green
Wilder-Grey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up Next: The New Hampshire Primaries
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

Any feedback would be apprecated.

Just don't ,make fun of my writing, it's hard to make TL'S and i am not the world's best writer but i try though.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »

This looks very interesting. I'd like to see how it all plays out.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »

This looks very interesting. I'd like to see how it all plays out.

Thanks, i will do my best to make it interesting
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »

After the failure of Buchanan to attack Trump with his economic record, it was the Trump Campaign’s turn to negatively attack the opposition. But, this time the Trump campaign had valid evidence to support the commercial.

“1992, The Republican Convention, does anyone remember this quote? “There is a religious war going on in our country for the soul of America. It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we will one day be as was the Cold War itself but this war is for the soul of America, and we can not allow this kind of loss to occur.” “America can’t afford to have a leader with that type of philosophy in the White House. Vote for Trump and a better future in your state Primaries.”

The ad was a successful one, bringing up poll numbers and attacks on each other from both sides. Buchanan released a statement after the ad had aired in every state, “Mr. Trump has done the most negative thing any candidate can do: Attack a person’s beliefs and Philosophy. What Mr. Trump fails to mention that he has been married twice, and has a dysfunctional family. I would like to see Mr. Trump admit that.”

Mr. Trump did not take kindly to the attacks, especially when he brought up the issue at a rally in Providence, Rhode Island. “Mr. Buchanan has sunk to a new low ladies and gentleman. He is trying to attack my family in the media. (Crowd Boos) That’s real disrespectful to me and My Family. It really shows that Buchanan lacks the morals to become President. Most of you know that now after what he did. Its okay for Buchanan to attack me, but attacking my family is a big mistake, and one that will cost him dearly in the long run. Now with that off my head let’s talk about the issues…”

With all the personal attacks going through the media, the NH primary was a few days away and every major candidate was working hard to win the primaries. With the Delaware primary a few days afterwards, the candidates had to campaign hard to get attention.
Here are the Results for both primaries:

Trump(Green)-60
Buchanan(Red)-40

McCain(Red)-40
Bush(Blue)-35
Forbes(Green)-25

Gore(Red)-35
Bradley(Blue)-30
Wilder(Grey)-25
Jackson(Green)-10

Buchanan(Red)-60
Trump(Green)-40

Forbes(Green)-50
Bush(Blue)-35
McCain(Red)-25

Wilder(Grey)-40
Bradley(Bradley)-30
Gore(Red)-20
Jackson(Green)-10

The primaries went as expected, except for the Democratic primary in Delaware, where Governor Wilder won in an upset.

With all this, how will the next round of primaries end up?
enlightened despot
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »

I really like this, although I think Trump will get stumped by a "Trump's not presidential calibre" attack (although I think Buchanan is the guy to pull that off). The town maps are a nice addition.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »

After the Delaware Primary’s, the candidate’s rolled into the next major primary state, South Carolina. For most of the candidates, it’s either win or go home.  Trump does not need to win SC, but he is campaigning in the south anyway.  Trump does however find it important to win at least two southern states, “It will show that I can win in traditional Republican areas, and it will give me a boost if the battle goes to the convention.”

Meanwhile, on the other two party sides, VP Gore is barely leading Sc, but Jesse Jackson is trailing him by a point. SC has always helped Jesse Jackson in his prior attempts at the nomination. On the Republican side, it is a three way battle between McCain, Bush, and Forbes.

Here are the results from the SC Primary’s:

Buchanan(Red)-55
Trump(Green)-45

McCain(Red)-40
Forbes(Green)-35
Bush(Blue)-25

Jackson(Green)-40
Gore(Red)-35
Wilder(Grey)-20
Bradley(Blue)-5

Trump was upset and surprised by the results, he thought he won South Carolina, but lost by ten percent. "I took the state for granted, it won't happen again."

On the Republican side, McCain was happy with the result, the victory made him the front runner, but neither Bush or Forbes were ready to quit, The Republican had an interesting primary season ahead.

McCain at Victory Rally in South Carolina

The Democrats also had a interesting result, with Reverend Jesse Jackson winning the South Carolina primary for the third time, barely beating Vice President Gore. Gore's campaign has taken a fall as of late, due to the lack of Campaigning by Gore. "I will make my supporters a promise, i will get out and campaign more, i have taken this campaign for granted and i apologize for that."

Gore at his post Primary rally

Up Next: More Primaries
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

This is actually AWESOME. Please update a lot like you've been doing.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 12:32:58 AM »

This is actually AWESOME. Please update a lot like you've been doing.
Zacoftheaxes
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.52, S: -9.13

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »

McCain VS Gore VS Trump will make a very interesting election, I respect all three of the candidates.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »

Thanks for the good feedback guys, it means a lot
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »

After the failure of Trump to win the South Carolina Primaries, The Trump campaign focused on the upcoming primaries in Arizona and Michigan. Trump was leading in the pre polls in Michigan, but Trump was losing by a close margin in Arizona.  Trump spent two days each touring Michigan and Arizona while Buchanan focused on Arizona and the next states that primaries are scheduled to occur.

Trump in Michigan promoting his labor strategy “America’s labor system is the best in the world. We do not need to share our labor industries with any other country that Is trying to steal our jobs. That means NAFTA has to go, but, our labor system will still be number 1 in the world. Our economy is in good enough shape to do something like that, and when I am in office it will happen, I can promise everyone that.”

Meanwhile on the Republican side McCain is going to win his home state of Arizona comfortably, but is in a three way battle to win Michigan. The Democrats however is a different story. Both races are incredibly close, with no clear favorite, and no one will know what will happen until every vote is counted.
Here are the Results:

Trump(Green)-80
Buchanan(Red)-20

Bush(Blue)-40
McCain(Red)-35
Forbes(Green)-25

Gore(Red)-45
Wilder(Grey)-30
Jackson(Green)-20
Bradley(Blue)-5

Buchanan(Red)-60
Trump(Green)-40

McCain(Red)-70
Bush(Blue)-20
Forbes(Green)-10

Wilder(Grey)-40
Gore(Red)-39
Jackson(Green)-11
Bradley(Green)-10

The results were an interesting mix as usual. Trump won the big state of Michigan while Buchanan won Arizona, Trump still has a lead in the delegate count. On the other two sides, both with McCain leading the Republicans by a few delegates, and Gore leading Wilder by a few delegates. The election that seemed to be a boring one a few months earlier has became a interesting one thanks to Mr. Trump.

Up Next: Super Tuesday
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »

Could you possibly give a plausible explanation as to how the Reform Party had plausible primaries. Like did people register in drones so that they could vote for Trump or Buchanan? Just curious if there was any sort explanation.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »

And not to be a pain in the ass, but could u update a few times a day, I love your posts on this timeline and i love the detail u put into them. it's really great.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »

When is Ralph Nader jumping in the race?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »

Could you possibly give a plausible explanation as to how the Reform Party had plausible primaries. Like did people register in drones so that they could vote for Trump or Buchanan? Just curious if there was any sort explanation.

Perot created a primary system to make sure the party would not implode when the nomination came as in RL. I try to upload as much as i can, but these take a lot of thinking so it's hard to upload but i try though.

As for Nader, i have not decided yet. He might endorse Trump or run. Wait and see.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »

After the Victory of Trump in Michigan, Trump skipped the next three primaries and focused on the biggest day of the primary season, Super Tuesday. Before Super Tuesday, there was three more primaries in N.Dakota, Virginia and Washington.  Trump won N. Dakota and Washington, while Buchanan wins in Virginia. But Trump and Buchanan now are focused on Super Tuesday, which may help either candidate grow a lead or make a comeback.

Here is the Current State Map for the Reform Party:

The Republicans primary was a three way tie between McCain, Bush, and Forbes. In the last primaries McCain won two, N. Dakota and Washington, while Bush won Virginia. The race is still close.

The Democratic race was the most interesting race. With four different candidates, no one really knows anything. On the last primary's Gore won Virginia, and N. Dakota, while Wilder won Washington.

Green is shared between Jackson and Wilder.

Up Next: The Results of Super Tuesday.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »

It's March 7th 2000, known around the country as Super Tuesday. The fate of every campaign rests in the results of the primaries held across the country. Let's join Dan Rather with the beginning of the Super Tuesday results show.

Rather: Good Evening and welcome to the best election results on Television. Headlines of the hour: Each party's current results are close to apoint where er can't declare any state winners at this point. Let' stalk about the state of the parties.

The Democrat's race is so hot that Firemen might not be able to put out the fire. The Republicans are like that as well, thanks to one man. Billionaire Donald Trump. Let's go to Bob Schrieffer who will explain what is Donald Trump's impact. Bob?

Scheffier: Thanks Dan. Remember a few months back when everyone, as well as me and you Dan believed it was going to be Bush Vs. Gore in the Presidential election. But, thanks to that renegade billionaire Trump, we have a three way race again like the last two elections. But, if Trump proves popular enough, we may have something that has not happened in over a hundred years, the house to decide the President. The fate of our country will be with Mr. Trump, will he be like Perot or will he done something that has never been done, be the first third party President? We will have to wait and see, but Trump must beat Pat Buchanan in the primaries. Back to you Dan.

(15 Min later)

Rather: We now have the first results of the evening let's take a look.

CBS News projects that Al Gore will win the state of Georgia beating Governor Wilder by about five points. This always was a Gore state since Gore is a neighbor to Georgia.

Here is another one, CBS News Projects that Donal Trump wins the Vermont Primary, beating Buchanan by 10 points. This has always been a state for Trump since he is from New York. Remember that New york is not closed yet, so gout out to vote.

Here is the first Republican state called, Georgia goes fro Bush. This is a lucky win for Bush who was trailing by a point in the pre-polling. But McCain does win a state though, CBS News projects that John McCain wins the Vermont primary, an easy win for McCain. Let's Look at the maps.

Trump has the lead, but Buchanan is trying to make a comeback.

McCain and Bush are tied with Delegates with Forbes in third with only Delaware. He is really hoping for success because if he is not, it may mean light's out for Forbes.

Gore's campaign boosted from Georgia, and may take a big lead after tonight.

We will be back with more results after these messages. This is Dan Rather CBS News New York, we will be right back.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 06:05:14 PM »

I really enjoy this TL. For some reason I keep commenting on it lol. I really think that a CEO or business leader could run in '12 which is why I find this so interesting. Also, you write really well.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »

I really enjoy this TL. For some reason I keep commenting on it lol. I really think that a CEO or business leader could run in '12 which is why I find this so interesting. Also, you write really well.

Why thank you. I am glad someone thinks that
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »

Interesting, though I'm not sure your percentages are very realistic, especially in Delaware and Michigan.  Forbes wins all the most populated areas of Michigan and comes in distant third?  Same goes for Bush in Delaware and South Carolina.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies