Indonesian presidential election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:25:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Indonesian presidential election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indonesian presidential election  (Read 8265 times)
ericpolitico
Rookie
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:14:27 PM »

hey...I am Indonesian..nice to see this thread..=)

This elections looks very similar to 2008 us presidential elections.

The Joko "Jokowi" Widodo –Jusuf Kalla resembles Barack Obama-Joe Biden ticket in many ways. The most interesting facts are that both Jokowi and Obama (53) and Kalla and Biden (72) actually have the same age. Jokowi himself is always compared to the Barack Obama of 2008, having enjoyed an Obama-style rise from obscurity to the forefront of national politics.

Prabowo can be Hillary or McCain...former frontrunner who comes from establishment..

For now, Jokowi is still favourite..but Prabowo is closing gap...I think Jokowi will still win like Obama's margin in 2008..53-47...
Indonesians want a fresh figure like Jokowi ( like how US in 2008 wants Obama), not the old politicians from New Order remnants. Prabowo is son in law of Soeharto. But many criticizes Jokowi as inexperienced candidate and his decision to run after only serves as Governor of Jakarta for less than 2 years ( sounds familiar, Obama too inexperienced, only serves as senator for less than 3 years). Jokowi is running on the platform "CHANGE"....( aha..another similarity..)
ericpolitico
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

hey...I am Indonesian..nice to see this thread..=)

The only one AFAIK, so destined to become our resident expert on the subject Smiley. Welcome to the forum!

Why do the trade unions in KSPI back Subianto? Jokowi would seem like a more labour friendly candidate.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome..haha
 there are many trade union organizations..KSPI backs Prabowo, KSBSI backs Jokowi...hmm, i think both Gerindra and PDIP promises a labour friendly populist rhetoric...why KSPI endorse Prabowo? maybe because own preference or maybe the leaders has personal connection with Prabowo, and highly likely Prabowo promises them  personal benefits..haha
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies