I think it's down to two (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:29:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I think it's down to two (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think it's down to two  (Read 2354 times)
awfernan2002
Rookie

« on: June 20, 2004, 02:02:07 AM »

I don't buy the story that it's down to two, but of those two, I think that Kerry should pick Edwards.  Gephardt is one of those rare breeds that causes his stock price to go down when he interacts with other human life forms.  

Witness the 2004 Iowa Caucus, the state with the highest blue-collar manufacturing labor contingent in the union (or very close to it), a complex and low-turnout caucus system that favors experience and connections (which Geps had tons of), a neighbor to Gep's MO, and one where he was victorious in his presidential run of 1988 and strongly favored due to near-unanimous union support.  

Several months later, after voters got to meet the candidates: Geps in distant fourth place.

Frankly, I don't understand this infatuation with former primary rivals, and don't think that Kerry needs to stoop to kiss Edwards' ass by nominating that snake-oil salesman.  But having said that, I'll at least give Edwards some credit where it is due: man, does he know how to work a crowd and look sharp for the cameras.

Someone please explain the Vilsack fetish to me if you get the chance.

What about Graham, Warner, Nelson, Bayh - some of those could be interesting, couldn't they?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies