**BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:20:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network)  (Read 1901 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2004, 02:25:41 AM »

Linda Vester : We pardon the interruption but it appears that the state court of Florida in District four has an annoucement.

Judge Harris : Good morning. The State of Florida has decided to go ahead with a investigation of delegate "irregularities" during the Republican Convention. We feel strongly that Presidential Nominee John Ford was stronghanded into turning delegates over to a Mr Reaganfan from the state of Ohio. We have decided to press charges on Mr Reagan for fraud and party breaking. Our evidence is strong and we feel our case will be successful. We wish to notify the following citizens that they are hereby served and REQUIRED to answer questions that we feel need to be answered. Here is the list of those we request the testimony of :

Sec of State John Ford
Mr. Reaganfam
Richard M. Nixon
Governor Wildcard
Mr Fresh
Senator Harry
Chairman Josh

We may request more witnesses depending on the testimony of the aforementioned citizens. Thank you and good day.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:07:12 AM »

Secretary of Defense.

And I will submit to a list of questions when you post them, though I do not expect anything to be learned by this investigation.

Here is the whole story on how I came to leave the Republican Party and how I made my choice to give my delegates to Reaganfan.  It was Reaganfan that convinced me to join the Presidential race.  I saw some polling data and felt I could win, and I felt that I had a good chance to win the nomination.  Over the course of the campaign, I came to believe that the moderates in the party had all left, and that the Republican Party had become a place where I was in a minority.

On Saturday, May 8th, 2004, the first day of the Republican Primaries in the Northeastern and Southeastern Regions, I posted this on the UAC Party Web site:

"To be honest, I've started to think I should ditch the Republicans and just join UAC.  They don't have it together, and that is very obvious.  Only one person has voted in the primary and Brunsel (Buchanan Wing) and Steven (Alan Keyes wing) have taken over.  We'll see how the first primary goes, but even if I win I'll probably still jump over to UAC."

On Sunday, StevenNick posted this, under a thread entitled "Ford the Fraud":

"Take a look at this:

http://www.kevnation.com/uacboards/viewtopic.php?t=25

Sorry to preempt your announcement, Ford, but I though that some of the republicans who just got duped into voting for you might want to know."

I responded that same day:

" Yes, its true.  I want nothing to do with the Republican Party on the fantasy board.  I'm officially leaving the party, dropping out of the Presidential race, and joining the UAC.  I am awarding my 150 delegates to Reaganfan, my strongest supporter.  What he does with them is his own business, I don't care anymore.

If you guys want to nominate Steven, fine, go get your butts kicked in the general.  If you want to nominate Reaganfan, fine, you'll lose that way too.  You could only manage 7 Republican voters in a hotly contested, exciting primary.  This is a sign that you guys are finished as a force on the fantasy board, and just as well.

Progressive.  Conservative.  Centrist.  Right for America.

I am joining the UAC.

I never wanted to run for President, I got drafted into this stupid thing.  I only wanted to be a Senator or something so I could have a nice title and vote on stuff.  Congratulations to StevenNick on his "win" in the primary.  I'm not totally sure why he felt the need to break the story of my defection, since come tomorrow, I'd have switched parties and dropped out of the race anyway.  I guess it was just that important to him not to let me break my own news.  Whatever.  Its now time for me to step aside and let Thelma (Steven) and Louise (PBrunsel) go off a cliff together at the end of the movie.

I apologize to anyone who invested any hope or energy in my campaign, but judging by how few people even showed up, I don't think it's a problem.

Reaganfan never asked for my delegates.  No one ever asked me to give up my delegates.  No one in the Party asked me to drop out of the race or to leave the GOP.  I and I alone made all of these decisions.  I do not harbor any animosity to StevenNick or to PBrunsel.  I harbor no animosity to the GOP or its leadership, current or former.

Thank you and good day.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 03:33:41 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2004, 03:35:46 AM by Governor Wildcard »

==========The Wildcard administration has issued the following statement==========

To the Florida Court

I have no problems testifying, although I have no clue what the benefit my appearing in front of the court will bring I have nothing to hide and am more then willing to answer any questions the court has as long as the timing of my questioning does not interfere with my duties and responsibilities as Governor.

Thank you for your time.

Governor Wildcard of the Pacific,
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 09:36:14 AM »

A statement from Senator Harry--why me?  I'm not keeping any secrets.  I had my own crisis at the time.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 10:12:16 AM »

Official Statement From the Office of the Vice-President:

After a less than ideal transition period, we have finally managed to get the government up and working.  We, as elected officials, have, at once and long last, finally set forth to accomplish the work for which we were elected by the people.  Every elected official should see it as their responsability to assure that the government should move along as smoothly as possible.  One prominant official has not done so.

I am, of course, refering to Sen. Statesrights.  States has seen it as his priority to block the interworkings of our government and, once again, lead a paraniod crusade against fellow members of our government.  In the end, nothing but sorrow and lost oppertunities will come of this.  We must move forward and forget the past if we are to accomplish those goals that the voters, in thier wisdom, selected us to accomplish.  I urge Sen. Statesrights to cease and desist in his vain efforts to tear apart this institution for personal gain.

Sincerly,

Vice President Supersoulty
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 10:26:29 AM »

A statement from Southwest Chairman of the AFRN-- Hey I am here... What do I say? Where is the questions?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 11:00:50 AM »

Official Statement From the Office of the Vice-President:

After a less than ideal transition period, we have finally managed to get the government up and working.  We, as elected officials, have, at once and long last, finally set forth to accomplish the work for which we were elected by the people.  Every elected official should see it as their responsability to assure that the government should move along as smoothly as possible.  One prominant official has not done so.

I am, of course, refering to Sen. Statesrights.  States has seen it as his priority to block the interworkings of our government and, once again, lead a paraniod crusade against fellow members of our government.  In the end, nothing but sorrow and lost oppertunities will come of this.  We must move forward and forget the past if we are to accomplish those goals that the voters, in thier wisdom, selected us to accomplish.  I urge Sen. Statesrights to cease and desist in his vain efforts to tear apart this institution for personal gain.

Sincerly,

Vice President Supersoulty

Excuse me? I am not trying to accomplish any goals? Need we bring up the Sticky Reduction act which isnt even being bothered to be enforced. I can see where this Gustaf admin is headed down. Tear apart this institution? Like driving TexasGurl and Shapeshifter out of their senate seats? Excuse me did I do that? No, thank you very much. So please everyone is stabbing everyone in the back here if you ask me and the UAC has not helped ONE bit. Did I drive off Dunn? No. Did I drive off Shapeshifter? NO. Did I make a senator from Wisconsin give up her seat? NO. So please reconsider your accusations before you blame everything on me. I am the only one around here proposing any bills and all I catch is heat for it. I guess I should just sit on the sideline like Michael Z and not bother to vote. But I wont do that and you know why? Because I enjoy you folks so please don't put a which hunt out on me! Didn't you start a thread called "The Madness of PBrunsel" or how about the "David Duke" thread? Yeah, that's unity.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 11:13:27 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2004, 11:29:00 AM by Senator John F. Kennedy, PPT »

StatesRights,

I think you are a bit misguided here.

The UAC did not drive Texasgurl out of the Senate. When I spoke to her, her reasoning behind it was that many left wing residents of District Three were encouraging others such as Nym90 and PBrunsel to run against her for the seat. She saw it that if they didn't support her, the people most like her politically, nobody did and so she saw little point in staying in the Senate.

If that is incorrect texasgurl, please correct me.

On the point of Dunn, well, the UAC was only established after he stated he would leave. Dunn's reasons for leaving were more to do with the civil war and progressive participation in it by Peter Bell and Emsworth, two prominent Progressives, neither of whom is now in the UAC.

On the point of Shapeshifter, well, I don't know why he left, I never asked so he never told. It could have been our fault but it could have been for other reasons. I don't really know.

On the point of tearing apart the institution. Get real States, do you really think Gustaf is trying to destroy the forums?

Even if he tried it would be possible to impeach him. Besides, he could have destroyed it a long time ago, he IS the moderator after all.

As I see it, it would be better for the institution if Gustaf's cabinet picks were confirmed and the cabinet set up, something Gustaf has been trying to do but some Senators have been getting in the way of. Notably Boss Tweed voting against every decision although that is more carrying through with his promise to oppose everything the Gustaf administration does.

Also the rejection of some choices seemingly based upon their party. I note that you StatesRights opposed the choices of Nym90 and Fritz, an Atlas Forum Indepence Party Member and a Democratic Party Member. I am not accusing you of anything here at all, you probably have your reasons, but, as I see it, having a cabinet would be better for the institution and setting up a cabinet is what Gustaf is trying to do.

Finally, you are not the only Senator introducing legislation, both Stevennick and myself have recently as has Beet and Harry was the Senator who introduced the home state bill after Fritz suggested it.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

Does it matter!!!!!!!! Gosh!!! This Atlas has become nothing but a bunch of people yell and fighting!!!! Maybe I will leave!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »

~~~~~~Liaison Reaganfan~~~~~~
Okay, let me clear this up for the last time. I thought John Douglas Ford would make an excellent president. i backed him as much as I possibly could. When he dropped out, he gave his delegates (150 tied with StevenNick's 150) and so I said hell I will run. That primary night I was going to give all of my delegates and the nomination to Senator StevenNick. He dropped out so I got the nod. Thnerefore, runnin as the GOP, I was offered to run with my VEEP candidate for the new SRP. With the mane change that angers some people... I had no control over that. John Ford is not hiding anything, I am not hiding anything. Enough is enough guys.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 11:32:17 AM »

~~~~~~Liaison Reaganfan~~~~~~
Okay, let me clear this up for the last time. I thought John Douglas Ford would make an excellent president. i backed him as much as I possibly could. When he dropped out, he gave his delegates (150 tied with StevenNick's 150) and so I said hell I will run. That primary night I was going to give all of my delegates and the nomination to Senator StevenNick. He dropped out so I got the nod. Thnerefore, runnin as the GOP, I was offered to run with my VEEP candidate for the new SRP. With the mane change that angers some people... I had no control over that. John Ford is not hiding anything, I am not hiding anything. Enough is enough guys.

you was not nom... as a GOP!!!! we never got done doing the delegates!! Most people left because of you! I know that is why I left and that is why I left the ANP too....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 11:49:13 AM »

Ok now, enough is enough on this issue.

Reaganfan did not stronghand John Ford into giving him his delegates, you have heard that from BOTH Ford and Reaganfan.

As I see it, Ford decided to drop out and gave his delegates to reaganfan who was his biggest supporter and also really wanted to be President. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Then Stevennick chose to drop out by his choice which left reaganfan as the only candidate as Steven didn't allot his delegates to another person.

This meant that Reaganfan, despite having tied with Stevennick on the number of delegates (I think) won because Steven dropped out. Therefore, Reaganfan had the most delegates and thus won the nomination.

That is all that happened as I see it, no strongarming anybody.

Can we PLEASE forget about all this and move on? It happened the way it happened and Reaganfan dropped out anyway and Stevennick was the one right-wing candidate. End of story, that is that, case closed.

Can we have nothing more about this because Reaganfan didn't do anything wrong, nor did John Ford, nor did Stevennick.

It is all in the past so just leave it alone.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 01:12:57 AM »

This is a DNN alert.

Judge Katherine Harris : Good day my fellow Atlasians. After reviewing the responses from the members of the above said incident we have concluded that no criminal activity was committed. We do question motives and ego but we have absolutely no evidence of any criminal mischief. We will now take questions from reporters...Yes you sir from the Communist News Network....

CNN : Hello Judge Harris....Since Reaganfan has been cleared criminal mischief will the GOP accept him back into the fold and give him a shot at a senate seat?....

Judge Harris : I think we need to address that issue to the offices of StatesRights of the SRP. We merely judge the evidence as it is presented...Next...yes you...Fox News...

Fox News : What about the breakup of the SRP and the 'questionable' formation of the ANP?

Judge Harris : Again I think that question needs to be directed to the appropriate parties involved..Although we do feel that the "takeover" was low as the Senator was never informed of the incident....That is all....Good day and may Dave bless Atlasia.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 06:20:42 AM »

Slight problem-the state of Florida can't so anything. It doesn'ty have ANY legal power.

I suggest you get a governor to bring this motion forward. You can't; I can't, and the state of Florida cant.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 08:53:54 AM »

Florida is kinda like a county in the Southeastern state Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 10:04:34 AM »

Slight problem-the state of Florida can't so anything. It doesn'ty have ANY legal power.

I suggest you get a governor to bring this motion forward. You can't; I can't, and the state of Florida cant.

Hey what can I say. These judges are legislating from the bench all the time. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies