Announcement from West Branch, Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement from West Branch, Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Announcement from West Branch, Iowa  (Read 10313 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »

Thanks.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2004, 11:59:46 AM »

(Pekin, Illinois)

(PBrunsel walks to the stage as crowds cheer.)

PBrunsel: In the words of Dave Barry"Those who don't know their history are doomed to do bad on standardized tests."

(Laughs)

PBrunsel: Our nation has grossly neglected history in our classrooms. They chose to give help only to those who want to learn math and science, and that is a new form of segregation, and can not be permitted.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: As a man who has been described by Senator States Rights, Senator Texasgurl, Governor Ilikeverin, Senator SteveNick, myself, and others as an "Historian" I call for more help for those who want to go far in life knowing history.

(Cheers and appalsue!)

PBrusnel: As Senator I will call fopr the creation of the "National Association of Historians." This association, nonprofit, will be formed to get young historians college tutions and a way to escpate the pregiduce against them caused by an unfair school coriculum.

(Applause)

PBrunsel: No one should have to be penalized for knowing history, and it needs to be learned.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: When 75% of teens can not explain the history of the 4th of July, we have to admitt we have neglected history. When 73% of high school kids think "Abraham Lincoln" is a, "Type of Lobster" we have to admitt that the school system is ignoring history. When elected Senator I will lobby the school districts to include history as a major class in the corriculum.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I satnad here today tyo fight for those forgotten students who are spit on by an unfair idea that history doesn't amtter, and only math and science do. I think that is the silliest thing I have ever heardf.

(Cheers!)

PBrunsel: The Cold War is over, and we need to know our history so we don't have another one.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves the stage to shake hands. Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be an American" plays.)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2004, 01:40:28 PM »

Woooooooooo!  Excellent speech Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2004, 03:02:15 PM »

When 73% of high school kids think "Abraham Lincoln" is a, "Type of Lobster" we have to admitt that the school system is ignoring history.

Possibly the funniest line I have ever seen. I may laugh but if that is an actual fact, it's really, really sad.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2004, 03:05:06 PM »

(Grand Rapids, Michigan)

(PBrunsel walks to the stage as a band plays “This Land is your Land, this Land is My Land.”)

PBrunsel: This race for Senate is a race that will ultimately describe who is to run this government; the politicians or the people. I stand with the people over politics.

(Cheers!)

PBrunsel: I will not allow politicians, partisanship, or pollsters to keep me from voting with the people in the Senate.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I pledge to you today that I will be a voice for the regular man in the Senate. Not a voice for the special interests, big business, or the activist judges. I will vote and speck for the interests of the regular person.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: As Senator, I will not allow my party distinction to belittle my support for the people of District 3. I don’t care what the bill is, if I see it hurts the people I will vote it down. I will have a close relationship with the common person. I will not let power overshadow that.

(Cheers!)

PBrunsel: It’s time to give this nation back to the people.

(Cheers!)

PBrunsel: It’s time to make sure that the politicians, elected by the people, are always looking out for the people. I will not support any tikes hikes or government expansions, for both of these hurt the people.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I will oppose taxation on small business so it can continue to grow and help the economy and the consumer. A business tax that is high pokes our own nation in the eye, and betrays the Middle Americans. I will not allow government to heavily tax business, and betray the small businessman.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, “Keep government small, and the people free.” A small government not only keeps things going smoothly, but keeps them going efficiently and always keeps the interest of the people first.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel shakes hands. Lee Greenwood’s “I’m proud to be an American” plays.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

I just wanted to wish PBrunsel luck this weekend in his election. Hopefully, we can pick up a seat and send a conservative to the Senate. I'd urge anyone that is eligible to vote for PBrunsel because he has been working hardest during this campaign. I've been a member of the forum for about a month now and I've seen that he is the most qualified of the candidates and the most dedicated. Vote PBrunsel - People over Politics.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2004, 06:48:59 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2004, 06:49:16 PM by John Ford »

I'd like to ttake this chance to endorse PBrunsel for Senate.  He is a dedicated campaigner, and will be a dedicated Senator that will show up for work everyday.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2004, 06:53:04 PM »

I'd like to ttake this chance to endorse PBrunsel for Senate.  He is a dedicated campaigner, and will be a dedicated Senator that will show up for work everyday.

Thanks Lt. Governor Ford. I'm glad to see their our no hard feelings left for me from the Republican Primary. Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2004, 06:59:03 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2004, 07:00:18 PM by Senator Beet »

When 73% of high school kids think "Abraham Lincoln" is a, "Type of Lobster" we have to admitt that the school system is ignoring history.

Possibly the funniest line I have ever seen. I may laugh but if that is an actual fact, it's really, really sad.

I doubt its an actual fact. 20 years ago it would have been a credible claim, frighteningly enough. But schools are gradually (emphasis gradually) recovering.

Ford: I respect your endorsement, yet point out that the qualities you described apply equally to BPrunsel and Fritz. Cheesy
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2004, 05:12:13 PM »

Senator John F. Kennedy,

I didn't recieve you e-mail. What was it about?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2004, 08:00:33 PM »

(Libertyville, Illinois)

(PBrunsel walks to the podium as a band plays “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.”)

PBrunsel: I have been told several times by voters, “Why should I vote for you? You have no experience in the Capitol.” I think that’s a good thing for District 3. Our capitol is in a mess right now, we can’t get anything done. We have inactive senators, partisan bickering, and the Senators never get around to debating or voting on bills. I don’t think that’s very efficient, and when I go to the Capitol I will instantly get down to business.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: It took weeks to even find a name for our capitol, that’s not just ironic, it’s inefficient. Government should be made to be trim, small, and efficient. When a government runs that way it will work for the people and not against them.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: The reason I am in this race is to give the government back to the people. A bunch of suited beaurocrats in Nym, D.C.,  will not make the decisions that work for the people; I promise to be the speaker for the people as Senator.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: The people of Atlasia are getting angry, and not angry with hate, but angry because they can no longer stand the waste in the Capitol. They can no longer see their hard earned tax dollars sale away to big spending and anti-American countries. To you, the great silent majority of Atlasians, the entire mess in Nym, D.C., is getting out of hand, and you, and I, want to stop it.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I can do this only with your votes. Together we can give this government back to the people, and out of the hands of the special interest. Together we can put people over politics, and make this nation a better place to work, play, and live.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves to shake hands. Lee Greenwood’s “I’m Proud to be an American” plays)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2004, 01:55:32 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2004, 01:59:10 PM by PBrunsel »

I'm PBrunsel and I apporoved this add:

Narrator: When it comes to a balanced budget, PBrunsel has the support of the Governor of the Midwest. On April 21, 2004, Candidate for Governor Ilikeverin appeared on "Late Night with Coiln Willis" where Mr. Ilikeverin stated:

ilikeverin:  A balanced budget is crucial for the future of this nation.

Narrator: PBrunsel and Governor Ilikeverin have both chosen a ballanced budget to ensure a tommorow where are children do not have to pay thousands of dollars a month to help pay off a soaring deficit.

PBrunsel for Senate: People over Politics.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

(Kansas City, Missouri)

(PBrunsel walks to the podium as crowds cheer)

PBrunsel: In the nation today we seek to become more efficient. We seek to create a better government. We seek to end partisan bickering. We seek this goals, we want these goals, and I promise as Senator I will make these goals a reality.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: The United Atlas Centrists have become the dominant party in Atlasia. They controll the Senate, the Presidency, and two of the three Supreme Court justices. In their platform they come out against unnecesary and trivial positions. I have introduced in my campaign a bill named the Position Reduction Bill. This bill will make it law that posoitons such as Secretary of the Senate, Liason to the President or Vice President, Regional Clerk, Under-Secretary of any cabinet position, or any other trivial position would be proclaimed unconstitutional and forver outlawed from the Atlasian Government.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: If their is any truth behind that UAC Platform they would pass this bill to "reduce fantasy governemnt" as members of their party have stated. They could pass this bill in 5 days and still have time to run for office.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: Trivial positions in our government not only boggle things up, but also put a tax burden on the hard working tax payer. 1,000's of positions will just inflate the government and make it inneficient and a burden for the people. It is for this reason I run for Senate, I want to reduce fantasy government.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: A bill to reduce our fantasy positions not only help the nation as a whloe, but also help the government as a whole. When government is small, the government is more efficient. It's like Tom Paine once wrote, "It's only common sense."

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: As Senator I will be working hard in Nym, D.C, fighting for the people of District 3 and the people of all of Atlasia.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I will always remember that the people made me Senator. I will always remember where I come from, where I represent, and where I will retrun to.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves to shake hands. Lee Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be an American" plays.)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2004, 02:06:25 PM »

I'm PBrunsel, and I approved this add:

(On the floors of the Senate stands a two headed Senator.)

President Pro-Tempe: Mr. Senator how do you stand on the Boss Abortion Act?

First Head: The act is an intrusion on our rights to choice.

Second Head: We need a Right to Life Amendment to continue the crusade against abortion.

(Senator stand up!)

Standing Senator: Wait! We can't both oppose the Boss Abortion Act and fight for the Right to Life Amendment.

President Pro-Tempe: Senator sit down. What do you think about aide to Israel?

First Head: I will personaly lead 12 divisions of tanks into the Palestinains' Armies.

Second Head: Not another nickle into that rat hole, let the Palestinians have it.

(Senator stands up!)

Senator: That's double talk!

President Pro-Tempe: What are you complaining about? You get two positions for the price of one.

Senator: I want a straight answer, should we cut taxes?

First Head: Uhm, yes. I mean no.

Second Head: Uhm, no. I mean yes.

(Narrator walks out)

Narrator: In this age of double talk let's vote for the man who says it like it is, vote PBrunsel for Senate. People over Politcs.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I invite Secretary Fritz and Secretary DemRepDan to a debate this Wednesday night.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2004, 02:10:11 PM »

Good idea. Cool
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2004, 02:32:19 PM »

Who would moderate the debate?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2004, 02:33:49 PM »

Perhaps Governor Verin? Any one who wants to can.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2004, 02:51:46 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I invite Secretary Fritz and Secretary DemRepDan to a debate this Wednesday night.

I accept.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2004, 02:53:29 PM »

Cool I wouldn't mind.

However, I'd solicit audience questions because I can't think of many questions...

"What is your opinion on education?"

"What are your views of education?"

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2004, 03:45:30 PM »

Suggestions for debate moderator:

John F. Kennedy
Nym90
Newsman (is he still around?)
Ernest

Any takers?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2004, 04:12:36 PM »

I'd moderate the debate! Smiley  Just an offer if you need one...I can come up with excellent questions.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2004, 05:12:20 PM »

I'd be willing to moderate, and can come up with some questions besides "what  is your position on education?" Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2004, 05:26:16 PM »

If the other candidates agree, I nominate Ernest as debate moderator.

Also I should point out that my acceptance is contingent upon Demrepdan also accepting.  He is the frontrunner, and I see little point to having a debate without him.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2004, 05:48:15 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2004, 05:59:47 PM by Ernest (MDP-SC) »

So what time should it start?
5:00 CDT would (22:00 GMT) would be the earliest I could see starting a Wednesday night debate, and unless Ken Jennings loses tonight or tomorrow night on Jeopardy, I'd rather not be involved in a debate from 6:30 - 7:00 CDT.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies