Announcement from West Branch, Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement from West Branch, Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Announcement from West Branch, Iowa  (Read 10312 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »

So what time should it start?
5:00 CDT would (22:00 GMT) would be the earliest I could see starting a Wednesday night debate, and unless Ken Jennings loses tonight or tomorrow night on Jeopardy, I'd rather not be involved in a debate from 6:30 - 7:00 CST.

Another Jeopardy fan! Smiley

7:00 is fine.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2004, 06:00:08 PM »

7:00 Central is fine with me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »

5:00 CDT would (22:00 GMT) would be the earliest I could see starting a Wednesday night debate, and unless Ken Jennings loses tonight or tomorrow night on Jeopardy, I'd rather not be involved in a debate from 6:30 - 7:00 CST.

This Jennings guy has everyone watching Jeopardy! I rarely watch it but this streak he has going is incredible.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2004, 06:17:43 PM »

Suggestions for debate moderator:

John F. Kennedy
Nym90
Newsman (is he still around?)
Ernest

Any takers?

I would but the times you guys are throwing around are a bit too late for me. Don't forget I live in the UK Wink. I think Ernest would be a fine guy to have as a moderator.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2004, 08:13:29 PM »

(Independence, Missouri)

(PBrunsel is speaking in front of the Wallace House on Maine Street, where Truman once lived.)

PBrunsel: It is in this house behind me where Harry S Truman once lived. Truman was a man of great determination, steel, grit, and love for America. He stated such remarks as “The Buck Stops Here” and “If you can’t stand the heat, you better stay out of the kitchen.”

(Applause)

PBrunsel: Truman also said, “A strong America begins with a balanced budget.” My support for the Balanced Budget Amendment comes from across the aisle. Atlas Independence Party founder and Governor of the Midwest Ilikeverin said back in April, “A balanced budget is crucial for the future of this nation.” And it is true; a strong America begins with a balanced budget.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: We can not replace tax and spend Democrats with tax cut and still spend Republicans. That’s irresponsible to tax cut and still spend. John McCain said the Congress was, “Spending money like a drunken sailor.”

(Laughs)

PBrunsel: President Gustaf, the national treasury is not an allowance; we need to spend it wisely so it benefits the people, and does not line the pockets of special interests.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: The tax dollars so graciously given by the hard working tax payer can not be squandered on creating a bigger welfare state. They can not be used to make a bigger government. To quote Barry Goldwater, “A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take it all away.”

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I fight for a smaller government that comes from the people and not at them. A kinder and gentler government that does not break the people’s backs with high and heavy taxation.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: We need a smaller government that is given back to the people. Come on boys, let’s get the job done!
(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves to shake hands. Lee Greenwood’s “I;m Proud to be an American” plays.)
Demrepdan

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2004, 08:43:19 PM »

I would be fine with a Wednesday debate at 7pm.
ijohn57s

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2004, 10:09:16 PM »

This Jennings guy has everyone watching Jeopardy! I rarely watch it but this streak he has going is incredible.

You know... He could very possibly win $1,000,000 dollars on Jeopardy!
ijohn57s

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2004, 10:10:31 PM »

PBrunsel, I'm 100% behind you!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2004, 10:11:13 PM »

You know... He could very possibly win $1,000,000 dollars on Jeopardy!

I think he will. He doesn't have that much to go. I think he's up to around 980,000 or something like that.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2004, 01:14:49 PM »

I’m PBrunsel and I approved this add:

Projection on the wall:

(man voice, slightly cocky sounding)

Man: Can this guy be for real?

PBrunsel on his America Tour In May

Man: PBrunsel says that he isn't extreme.  You decide.

Paid for be the Concerned Citizens for Dan

(Projector machine is turned off)

PBrunsel: I can’t believe it, in all my runs for public office, Vice President Supersoulty’s negative attacks. Distorting what I have said. All lies, and he knows it.

(Shows the “Burning black church” add)

PBrunsel: I’m fighting to give this government back to the people. I’m fighting for low taxes, small government, and minimal fantasy government. I am fighting for the regular person, not the special interest, not big business; I will be a Senator for all the people.

(Backdrop to American flag)

“PBrunsel for Senate: People over Politics”
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2004, 01:26:57 PM »

I’m PBrunsel and I approved this add:

Projection on the wall:

(man voice, slightly cocky sounding)

Man: Can this guy be for real?

PBrunsel on his America Tour In May

Man: PBrunsel says that he isn't extreme.  You decide.

Paid for be the Concerned Citizens for Dan

(Projector machine is turned off)

PBrunsel: I can’t believe it, in all my runs for public office, Vice President Supersoulty’s negative attacks. Distorting what I have said. All lies, and he knows it.

hahaha! PBrunsel is using one of Mike Dukakis' ads as a template! Funny stuff!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2004, 06:40:26 PM »

(Rapid City, Iowa)

(PBrunsel walks to the stage as a band plays, "Stars and Stripes Forever.")

PBrunsel: In Atlasia today we confront many problems, all include big government. To quote Herbert Hoover, "In America everyone must have the freedom of speech, the freedom to work, the freedom to worship God in their own way." Hoover would add one more thing while he lived his 90[years, the freedom for government.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I pound away at government all the time because I feel government has one duty, that is to serve as not the supplier for the nation, but the protecter for the homeland.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I will introduce to the Senate a 15% tax cut fot the middle class of Atlasia.

(Cheers!)

PBrunsel: This tax cut will help the middle class have more money to spend to help jumpstart the economy. A tax cut of 15% will help America's economy.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: But I will not be an irresponcible Republican, I can not cut taxes and keep spending high. Federal spending will have to be cut to keep the budget ballanced. Programs will have to be trimed down, but in the long run a 15% tax cut will help America achieve economic glory.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: Shrinking the government is a virtue that has been passed down from Conservative to Conservative since the starting of our glorious Republic. I promise a tax cut to continue this tradition and to help Atlasia as a whole.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I will support the tax cut for it helps the people, and I have promised to put people over politics.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves the stage to shake hands. Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be an American" plays.)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2004, 07:59:38 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2004, 08:03:33 PM by PBrunsel »

I’m PBrunsel, and I approved this message:

(July 14th, 2004; Debate Night)

Narrator: He spoke to strengthen the military.

PBrunsel: “A strong military is needed to take on threats from terrorists and rogue nations. Ronald Reagan said in 1980, "When the forces of freedom our strong our enemies are not anxious, it is when they are weak that tyrant's are tempted."

Narrator: He spoke for the tax payers.

PBrunsel: “I feel the Food Stamps Program has failed, and must be ended and replaced with a national WIC Program.”

Narrator: He spoke of hard work.

PBrunsel: “The greatest honor history can bestow upon a man is calling him a hard worker.”

Narrator: And he spoke for Atlasian Families everywhere.

PBrunsel: “I am addressing this to those families watching this tonight; I am running for Senate because I want you to have the American Dream.”

Narrator: He has spoke for the people, and he is ready to lead. PBrunsel for Senate; People over Politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2004, 08:04:12 PM »

Sorry to disrupt your speeches PBrunsel but I have a question (I'm guessing that as a candidate, you know the answer) Will the election be held over the weekend or will it be one day voting?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

Sorry to disrupt your speeches PBrunsel but I have a question (I'm guessing that as a candidate, you know the answer) Will the election be held over the weekend or will it be one day voting?

It will be held all weekend, Phil. I should know, I wrote the Midwest Constitution and that is what it says.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2004, 08:07:16 PM »

It will be held all weekend, Phil. I should know, I wrote the Midwest Constitution and that is what it says.

Ok. Thank you for the information.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2004, 08:42:23 PM »

I made the ballot already Smiley

Voting starts noon tomorrow.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2004, 08:43:38 PM »

I made the ballot already Smiley

Voting starts noon tomorrow.

Mr. Governor, have you made up your mind yet? If not, remember...PBrunsel - People over politics!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2004, 08:59:43 PM »

(Peoria, Illinois)

(PBrunsel walks to the stage as a band plays, “The Star Spangled Banner.”)

PBrunsel: As we move closer to Election Day we must now seriously consider the future of our nation. My plan is a fiscally Conservative one. I promise a 15% tax cut for the middle class.

(Applause)

PBrunsel: When this tax cut is initiated it will save the average 4 person family $1,500. The middle class tax cut will stimulate economic growth and help all reaches of Atlasia.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: In a time of economic uncertainty, a tax cut will lead the way to a tomorrow in which the economy is steady and working for the people.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: The middle class work hard everyday in Atlasia. They have their backs broken by taxes and big government spending, and this is a disgrace, and it’s time for a change.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: It’s time to get back to an honest day’s work and an honest day’s dollar.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: We need to have Senators in Nym, D.C., who look out for the people, not the special interest.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel walks from the stage to shake hands. Greenwood’s “I’m Proud to be an American” plays.)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2004, 05:51:11 AM »

It doesn't matter what the Midwest Constitution says Tongue This is done by the forum constitution. It is a Senatorial election for a District. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies