Districts and Regions Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:00:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Districts and Regions Maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Districts and Regions Maps  (Read 9387 times)
Niles Caulder

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2004, 09:08:02 AM »

Senators,

The silence is deafening...chirping crickets are the only sound filling the chamber.

Each day of delay is a day of contentment without the rule of law.

Each day of delay is a day raising the ire of the plaintiff--who is petitioning the Supreme Court to focus your attention on such trivial matters as the rule of law.

There are three yea's on record, and some nominal supporters among their colleagues.  We're inches away.  Let's not be snails about covering the distance.

Outcome One:  The Senate passes this bill with a veto-proof majority, impressing upon historians to come that this issue was resolved exclusively by the Legislative Branch and its strong leadership.

Outcome Two:  The Senate passes the bill; the footnote in History shows pictures of the President signing it instead of the Senate that passed it.

Outcome Three:  The Senate dawdles and the bill disappates;  the Supreme Court slaps its hand with a ruler--and History will surely record that!  (Outcome Three could also include a Presidential veto and make the showdown between himself and the High Court...but don't make that YOUR problem!)

What is abstucting the path of least resistance here?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2004, 02:38:24 PM »

Senators,

I do understand the busy schedule you endure, and that recent events call upon you to provide intense attention.

Yet the elections rapidly approach, and delay of the "Regional Redrawing Act" will only complicate your itinerary.

Please vote for its passage, and get it off the nation's plate as rapidly as possible.

Or please participate in the dialogue with your honest reservations, as Sen. Hughento has done, so that we can address them and get the best bill we can that also appeases the demand of the Constitution.

As I've said before, History will look among you for its true heroes--I'm giving you the opportunity to take the honor.  But I'm just as willing to give it to the Supreme Court.

And as I've also said before, I'm not intent on disrupting the current elections.  I will gladly accept a stipulation in the legislation that the Regional Redrawing will take effect AFTER these August elections---but I insist the legislation pass THIS session.

Thank you all for your attention, and especially those who've worked so hard to keep the honor of the Senate intact.

Feel happy, I am breaking Senatorial Procedure to get the region redrawing act passed a.s.a.p.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2004, 05:08:28 PM »

I feel happy!

Senator SteveNick, I applaude your vote even despite your stated position on the issue.  Your district enjoys a pragmatic and effective representative, even if this stand was just to deflect a perceived distraction off the radar screen.

With Senator Akno21's anticipated support, [any problems, Senator?] that'll be 5.  One more additional Senator off the fence in our direction, and this session of the Senate will have some important constitutional history under its belt.

To those Senators still pondering, please let me know what I can do to make your decision easier, while we still have time for the Senate to retain its lead and control over this issue.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2004, 05:26:05 PM »

I feel happy!

Senator SteveNick, I applaude your vote even despite your stated position on the issue.  Your district enjoys a pragmatic and effective representative, even if this stand was just to deflect a perceived distraction off the radar screen.

With Senator Akno21's anticipated support, [any problems, Senator?] that'll be 5.  One more additional Senator off the fence in our direction, and this session of the Senate will have some important constitutional history under its belt.

To those Senators still pondering, please let me know what I can do to make your decision easier, while we still have time for the Senate to retain its lead and control over this issue.

No problems, I'll vote for it.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

Outstanding!

Senator Hughento...It would mean a great deal to me if you were the one to put this over the top.  I realize your convictions in opposing this specific map are real and out of a deep desire to represent the best interests of your constituence.  But you've worked hard on this issue along with the rest of these chefs, and though the parameters of the Constitution don't permit anyone's favorite map, the cohesion of what's been accomplished here--for the purpose it was intended--and those who partook of it, I really want to be represented in that roll-call.

You were one of the earliest contributors to trying to resolve the issue for which I have made myself an irritant.  Trust me, I won't forget it--whichever way you vote on the floor.  But because I admire the work, dedication, and quality of your public service--I personally want your role in the successful resolution of this issue to be recorded for Atlasian posterity.

And let me announce that WHEN this map outlives its usefulness, I will come to offer my services to you for the cause of better aligning states by their cultural and historical ties.  In fact, if you like, I'd be more than happy to kick around potential maps with you right away (that would require a constitutional ammendment to enact,) and we'll just save the thing for when the time is right.  When you decide the time is right, whether you're in the govt. or not, I'm your foot soldier.

Vote yea on this thing so I can include you on the issue-TV ad of true Atlasian leaders, who reined in the Senate to abide under the Constitution without a check or balance to make it.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2004, 09:46:53 PM by Niles Caulder »

Smiley  Senator, as far as I'm concerned, that abstention was an Historic contribution to the legacy of the Atlasian Senate.  For all y'all who have pushed this cart uphill, I will, as they say, "be here for you 'til the last dog dies."

P.S. Remaining Senators,

The President may be looking to get in on that ad, too.  I encourage you to veto-proof this thing before he puts pen to it, so you don't lose glory to the Executive Branch.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2004, 04:00:53 PM »

Shall we kick the extra point and get a move on?  Game clock is running...let's help out Secretary Fritz and the Gubernatorial candidates by giving them official race routes.  All that's left to do is dot the "i."

I'm guessing the dissinterested Senators don't even read this thread anymore.  Maybe they can be persuaded by other means by others less irritating than yours truly?  Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2004, 04:14:47 PM »

Shall we kick the extra point and get a move on?  Game clock is running...let's help out Secretary Fritz and the Gubernatorial candidates by giving them official race routes.

Err, well, it would also derail the Midwest's race because Texas wouldn't be in the Midwest any more.

Tongue
Niles Caulder

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2004, 06:16:39 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2004, 06:31:30 PM by Niles Caulder »

Shall we kick the extra point and get a move on?  Game clock is running...let's help out Secretary Fritz and the Gubernatorial candidates by giving them official race routes.

Err, well, it would also derail the Midwest's race because Texas wouldn't be in the Midwest any more.

Tongue

*yawn*  whatever....

Tongue  Grin

Seriously, I acknowledge the inconvenience, but given the timely success of the bill thanks in part to Fritz's urging, it seems to me the Senate has taken his lead in prefering the enactment of the new map to be sooner rather than later.  Perhaps its better to get the shakeup overwith now rather than have another term with a lame-duck map in effect.  If we can tap this in the hole, there's still over a week until the next election.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2004, 07:23:11 PM »

I hereby formally withdraw my lawsuit against the Senate of the United Atlas Forum!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2004, 09:58:59 AM »

Senator StevenNick, please update the first post with the new improved Regions map.  Thanks Senator!!!
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2004, 09:14:13 PM »

why are the districts/regions not proportional to population
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2004, 09:18:53 PM »

The districts ARE proportional to forum population according to a census taken at the time.  Redistricting will occur again probably after the next election to reflect changes in our poplulation here.

The regions are established to have 10 states each.
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2004, 12:09:25 PM »

What's wrong with the district map?  I don't see districts one and two
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2004, 04:52:59 PM »

It looks like Dave's cut back on the colors available with the auto generator to just those he actually uses.  I generated the map in the first place and I used some of the non 50% intensities to make the map look better.  Green with white letters just isn't very legible in my opinion, and what with split districts being legal, the map needs four colors in the northeast to make things clear.  Anyway, here's the map.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies