Should GMac, jaichind, Vosem, and Yellowhammer have been banned?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should GMac, jaichind, Vosem, and Yellowhammer have been banned?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Yes - gmac

No - gmac

Yes - jaichind

No - jaichind

Yes - vosem

No - vosem

Yes - yellowhammer

No - yellowhammer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Should GMac, jaichind, Vosem, and Yellowhammer have been banned?  (Read 998 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2024, 12:06:27 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2024, 03:58:05 PM by Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God »

No, they shouldn't have. These posters either contributed a lot to this forum or made this forum a more interesting place and their absence has made the forum a worse place.
I didn't know you were a proud Confederate

btw that was the one thing YH did contribute on here. He made civil war threads beyond entertaining 
btw that was the one thing YH did contribute on here. He made civil war threads beyond entertaining 

This is the second time in this thread (and about the millionth time on this forum overall) that you’ve repeated this exact same point. If you don’t want people to accuse you of spam, maybe tone this kind of behaviour down.

Yeah seriously. I'm mighty tempted to just put OSR on ignore if he's just going to post-pad by repeating the same sh!t. It's become very irritating.

Can the devs release Computer90 already? The current version's algorithm is broken.

I didn’t say he shouldn’t have been banned lol . I was just pointing out him being a neo confederate made him more entertaining than he otherwise would have been given his views .

He should have been banned mainly for the comment he made about women and some of the other stuff he said

The point is you disagree with a mod action and then go on to repeat it ten times. That's the tiresome part.

I didn't see the comment YH made about women, but if the Civil War crap is "amusing" to you, then go on /pol/ and you won't miss a thing.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024, 12:32:59 PM »

Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2024, 12:34:32 PM »

No, they shouldn't have. These posters either contributed a lot to this forum or made this forum a more interesting place and their absence has made the forum a worse place.
I didn't know you were a proud Confederate

This is the second time in this thread (and about the millionth time on this forum overall) that you’ve repeated this exact same point. If you don’t want people to accuse you of spam, maybe tone this kind of behaviour down.

Yeah seriously. I'm mighty tempted to just put OSR on ignore if he's just going to post-pad by repeating the same sh!t. It's become very irritating.

Can the devs release Computer90 already? The current version's algorithm is broken.

Try turning it off and on again
AtorBoltox

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2024, 10:51:42 PM »

I don't really know because I, like everyone else, only ever saw and retained a small % of their posts, especially the stuff that got removed, but the moderator team, compromised of hard-working professionals across the political spectrum, has earned all of our trust on matters like this, so I'll have faith and say Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes.
'Hard-working moderator of online forum' is an oxymoron
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2024, 11:53:13 AM »

The bans given were tough (maybe tougher on at least GMac than I would've been), but ultimately fair in context. Voted Yes on all.

Pretty much this. I can see an argument for giving GMac a lighter sentence, much as we butt heads he can make good points sometimes.

This is a fair point if this was an isolated incident, but this was his fourth or so moderator action. Mods take that into account when determining punishment length, particularly since repeated infractions indicate a lack of ability to course correct. (edit: sorry, didn't see your edit before I responded. To be clear I am in agreement with you)

G-Mac has said he’s not coming back until the forum mods apologizes for calling him racist
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2024, 12:08:00 PM »

The bans given were tough (maybe tougher on at least GMac than I would've been), but ultimately fair in context. Voted Yes on all.

Pretty much this. I can see an argument for giving GMac a lighter sentence, much as we butt heads he can make good points sometimes.

This is a fair point if this was an isolated incident, but this was his fourth or so moderator action. Mods take that into account when determining punishment length, particularly since repeated infractions indicate a lack of ability to course correct. (edit: sorry, didn't see your edit before I responded. To be clear I am in agreement with you)

G-Mac has said he’s not coming back until the forum mods apologizes for calling him racist

To put it mildly - and saying this with all due respect -, he may have to wait a while on that one.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2024, 01:25:36 PM »

And the crowd cheers.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2024, 10:02:31 PM »

I hope he reconsiders
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2024, 01:53:55 AM »

I hope he reconsiders

I do hope he comes back for the unfinished queue of Top 25 Recommends web scraping requests. We can do without his virulently anti-Palestinian and anti-Squad/Bernie Bro vitriol (however justified by his personal lived experience some of the sentiment may be).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2024, 02:02:14 AM »

Full support to our wonderful mod team.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2024, 04:59:18 PM »

The hilarious thing about all the forced, fake drama that accompanies every ban on this website is that at least 95% of the time, the quality of discussion everywhere else on the forum dramatically improves the once the people in question get banned.

The same routine will occur when the next group of anti-social people & trolls get banned. Rinse and repeat. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies