Petition to ban Woody/Sir Woodbury
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:28:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to ban Woody/Sir Woodbury
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should Woody be banned?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Petition to ban Woody/Sir Woodbury  (Read 1174 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2024, 06:51:50 AM »

PSOL, jaichind, pppolitics, Sir woodbury, it’s interesting that the people who get banned or requested to be so are ALWAYS exactly the ones that don’t make this forum a full echo chamber where people only say boring variations of the same thing.

In some cases, like pppolitics, they were never treated as “problematic” before they happened to vocally disagree with the majority crowd on ONE single issue. It would be much more honest if TOS was updated to include which political stances are allowed to exist instead of people inventing weak reasons to justify getting rid of people they disagree with.
Funny how BRTD, T'Chenka, and myself have managed to be critical of Israel and not deemed “problematic” over it. Wonder why 🧐
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2024, 10:10:37 AM »

He said Trump will do fine in debates lol Trump lost because he refused to tell the Proud Boys to stand down, he caught COVID in the middle of debates, and even Pence got sick

That's when you support oil men like Trump
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2024, 10:14:46 AM »

PSOL, jaichind, pppolitics, Sir woodbury, it’s interesting that the people who get banned or requested to be so are ALWAYS exactly the ones that don’t make this forum a full echo chamber where people only say boring variations of the same thing.

In some cases, like pppolitics, they were never treated as “problematic” before they happened to vocally disagree with the majority crowd on ONE single issue. It would be much more honest if TOS was updated to include which political stances are allowed to exist instead of people inventing weak reasons to justify getting rid of people they disagree with.
Funny how BRTD, T'Chenka, and myself have managed to be critical of Israel and not deemed “problematic” over it. Wonder why 🧐

lol
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2024, 10:19:46 AM »

lol
What? No call for any of our bans over Israel commentary or even accused us of antisemitism like in pppolitics case unless someone did that I missed
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2024, 01:34:58 PM »

lol
What? No call for any of our bans over Israel commentary or even accused us of antisemitism like in pppolitics case unless someone did that I missed

It’s a left-wing blog
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2024, 02:12:24 PM »

lol

It’s a left-wing blog
Okay but that completely proves my point. Velvet was trying to argue pppolitics was outed for being critical of Israel because this site is apparently some pro-Israel/pro-NATO/pro-US hegemony site that worships at the the altar of the US State Department while I was saying that plenty of left wing people on this site criticize Israel and the US without backlash
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2024, 02:18:21 PM »

lol

It’s a left-wing blog
Okay but that completely proves my point. Velvet was trying to argue pppolitics was outed for being critical of Israel because this site is apparently some pro-Israel/pro-NATO/pro-US hegemony site that worships at the the altar of the US State Department while I was saying that plenty of left wing people on this site criticize Israel and the US without backlash

He isn't the shiniest knife in the drawer.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2024, 02:33:26 PM »

The thing some people can't seem to grasp - and this is true in every sphere that the conflict touches upon - is that you can argue strongly in favor of Israel or Palestine without having to resort to bigoted remarks or dehumanizing an entire people.

Users don't get infracted because they feel strongly about the conflict - no matter how much they think the mod cave is either filled with "Zionists" or hates Israel for some reason -, they get infracted because they resort to those kinds of despicable remarks.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2024, 05:35:04 PM »

lol

It’s a left-wing blog

Of course it's a left wing blog Trump never was a politician he just is a real estate agent that turned Pres that passes tax cuts for oil Companies, you you think that flies with Ds no it doesnt
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2024, 09:26:58 PM »

Woody has done nothing to merit a ban.

No one's really saying he has.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2024, 07:44:16 PM »

If the mods want to help him keep his promise, I see no reason for anyone to object.

I am saying it right now: If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year.

Promise?
Sure. Take a screencap right now.

How did he even justify breaking his promise?
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2024, 08:54:29 AM »

How did he even justify breaking his promise?

He's just here for a Special Posting Operation.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2024, 07:52:07 PM »

I object to banning Woodbury. I have not seen any personal attacks from him directed to someone else, neither have I seen him post pro-Putin content (?).

If cheerleading on a genocidal maniac is bannable, than I believe 25% of posters in Israël-Gaza thread should be banned from the forum as well, including some users who recommended OP.

Some users are really keen on making this into an echo chamber and banning all people who diverge of opinion on some topic or issue.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2024, 08:29:31 PM »

We're not doing ban petitions anymore, and certainly not on FC.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies