How would you grade Trump’s campaign so far?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:12:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you grade Trump’s campaign so far?
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: How would you grade Trump’s campaign so far?  (Read 392 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2024, 10:29:33 PM »

Obama24
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 10:49:43 PM »

F
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 11:00:45 PM »

D, but this is better than F from Biden. Trump needs to do more events and advertise more. They have decent fundraising. His primary campaign gets a B, but he needs to keep doing what he was doing before.

Whenever I go to his website, it often says No Events Scheduled, and this needs to change. Doing one rally in NJ for a large crowd is good, but he needs to do more in the swing states.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 11:19:36 PM »

About a C-

Not having any field offices in key swing states at this point in the campaign is pretty bad, especially since Biden has tons. They're also being both outraised and outspent. They definitely have a lot of potential with men of color and young voters, but to just assume those gains will happen by default is not a good strategy.

Trump himself has obviously had many blunders and failings along the way although they're lucky it doesn't get more media and that much of the American public has frankly become numb to Trump.

Still, I do give them credit for seeming to realize at this point, they're not going to be winning back many of these high propensity college educated voters who may be Romney-->Biden voters, and/or voted Haley in the primary, and realize their path will be through capitalizing on more low social trust voters. I don't think it's healthy for the Country when one party is relying almost purely on low social trust voters, but it is a smart strategy, especially because once you get them into your camp, they're pretty loyal.
UncleSam

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 11:28:20 PM »

lol there's absolutely no shot that someone in the lead in the polls by a significant margin, regardless of how terrible his opponent is, is getting F's in this poll. The question is how well is his campaign run, not how much you like him.

His campaign thus far is about a B-. Better than his 2016 campaign up to this point and about the same as his 2020 campaign.

Obviously he makes insane blunders constantly that should sink other candidates. He also appeals to a large chunk of the population in a way that defies my belief or understanding. While I will personally be supporting Biden (again) regardless of how bad Biden has been governing or campaigning simply because I disagree with Trump's policies so stringently, I also am rational enough to recognize that he has incredible political instincts that make him far more dangerous than most Ds on this forum would have you believe.

If he was running a terrible campaign then he would be losing, simple as that. He has run a clearly better campaign than Biden thus far, and it will be up to Biden and the DNC to figure out a way to turn things around in the months to come. Here's hoping.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 12:11:43 AM »

B-, for the Burning Bush. I’m just bewildered and dumbfounded. By almost any measure, Trump should be down 10 or more. And yet I’d say that the national popular vote is looking like roughly a tie.

His actual campaign infrastructure has been, well, “lacking” would be an understatement. He’s hardly campaigning due to his low energy and being stuck in court. He’s spouting more and more nonsensical gibberish.

And yet he’s leading by good margins in the polls (I think the polls are overstating Trump and understating Biden, but that’s for a different thread).

Ultimately what decides this race are gonna be the people who disapprove of both.

I’ve talked to some coworkers, neither of whom really like Biden, but absolutely hate Trump. I suspect that they’ll come home so to speak, but it’s hard to say how they’d answer a pollster. If they’d even answer.

Ultimately, I think it will depend on who wins, which is an admittedly asinine answer, but it’s what I have.

I’m befuddled to say the least.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 02:02:26 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2024, 03:56:56 AM by Progressive Pessimist »

It's far from an A, but I guess I have to concede that I can't quite give it an F either.

I think a better question is what is his campaign? Outside of b****ing about how persecuted he is and rambling more incoherently than usual at his rallies, which are less frequent, even factoring in the trial. There's so much talk about "messaging" these days, yet I don't think Trump really has one.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 03:01:03 AM »

I’d say B. I cannot imagine any other candidate that has been charged with so many felonies doing so well in polls. They must be doing something right.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 03:53:27 AM »

I’d say B. I cannot imagine any other candidate that has been charged with so many felonies doing so well in polls. They must be doing something right.

I don't think that has anything to do with his actual campaign as much as it's just Trump's superpower of hacking the brains of weak-minded people.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 04:48:33 AM »

A. How else would you characterize a campaign that's leading by double digits in several swing states?
AlterEgo

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2024, 08:07:08 AM »

lol there's absolutely no shot that someone in the lead in the polls by a significant margin, regardless of how terrible his opponent is, is getting F's in this poll. The question is how well is his campaign run, not how much you like him.

It is absolutely possible for one candidate to be an F and leading polls if the other candidate is doing worse. There's only 2 options. It's like the old joke about two guys walking up on a bear in the woods. You don't have to be faster than the bear; you just have to be faster than the other guy.

Personally, I'm dubious that campaign messaging has a huge influence even when you have 2 fairly unknowns facing off. It likely matters virtually none when you have 2 known quantities facing off like we do here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2024, 08:34:56 AM »

He's getting a bump from indictments, and inflation he hasn't done anything's substance to win Eday
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2024, 08:51:04 AM »

F for Facing 91 Felonies
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2024, 12:38:09 PM »

If a student who's exhibited behavior worthy of expulsion got the best score simply because every other student did worse, that would not save them from an F.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2024, 12:43:08 PM »

It is absolutely possible for one candidate to be an F and leading polls if the other candidate is doing worse. There's only 2 options. It's like the old joke about two guys walking up on a bear in the woods. You don't have to be faster than the bear; you just have to be faster than the other guy.

Personally, I'm dubious that campaign messaging has a huge influence even when you have 2 fairly unknowns facing off. It likely matters virtually none when you have 2 known quantities facing off like we do here.

Additionally there are actors beyond the Presidential campaigns themselves that can impact things. In this case even though I think the Biden campaign has better messaging than the Trump campaign, Democrats at large still have worse messaging than Republicans at large, Conservatives on social media have been far more successful, ect, ect.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2024, 12:50:38 PM »

Overall D. They’re not investing heavily in ground game efforts and voter outreach. They’re essentially thinking they’re gonna beat someone with nothing. Not a winning strategy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies