MN - Survey USA - Biden +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:05:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  MN - Survey USA - Biden +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN - Survey USA - Biden +2  (Read 594 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2024, 04:54:57 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 04:56:15 PM »

Biden was never endangered
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 04:59:04 PM »

We’re putting states in play that have never been in play before. Thank you Gophers!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 05:03:37 PM »

Funny enough MN is one of the few states that has UNDERestemated Dems in both 2020 and 2022
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 05:37:09 PM »

We’re putting states in play that have never been in play before. Thank you Gophers!

Republicans have viewed Minnesota as in play at least since 2000. In 2008 they held their convention here because they thought they could flip the state. FWIW my view has never changed, Republicans can definitely win Minnesota in the right year but when they eventually do it won't matter because they will be winning nationwide easily. I would still rate MN as likely Dem this year.

I appreciate the monthly polls by SUSA/KSTP even though I have my problems with both (SUSA is a mediocre pollster and KSTP is a right wing TV station owned by a big Republican donor) but I would like to see some other pollsters as well.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 05:44:19 PM »

If Trump is ahead by seven in Michigan, he should be doing better here.

Obviously, this is probably both candidates' floors, but Minnesota should have clearer signs of moving to Trump if the other Midwestern states are. This poll indicates stagnation.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 05:46:22 PM »

This reminds of the early polls we were getting in the 2022 GOV race that only had Walz up by a few points (similar spread too with tons of undecideds)
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 05:57:03 PM »

Will be interesting to see if Biden actually spends and campaigns here or treats it like a safe state and leave it off the table.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 06:47:43 PM »

Republicans have viewed Minnesota as in play at least since 2000. In 2008 they held their convention here because they thought they could flip the state. FWIW my view has never changed, Republicans can definitely win Minnesota in the right year but when they eventually do it won't matter because they will be winning nationwide easily. I would still rate MN as likely Dem this year.

I appreciate the monthly polls by SUSA/KSTP even though I have my problems with both (SUSA is a mediocre pollster and KSTP is a right wing TV station owned by a big Republican donor) but I would like to see some other pollsters as well.

The only other outlet that typically does polls is the Star Tribune, we'll probably get a few of those. St. Cloud State University does one near the election, but their polls suck.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 06:54:23 PM »

Biden's biggest issue here is actually partially from the left - Trump gets 93% of 'very conservative' voters, while Biden only gets 84% of 'very liberal' voters. They don't pick Trump, but 14% pick other or undecided, in a group that should be giving him like 98% of the vote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2024, 11:52:48 PM »

Biden's biggest issue here is actually partially from the left - Trump gets 93% of 'very conservative' voters, while Biden only gets 84% of 'very liberal' voters. They don't pick Trump, but 14% pick other or undecided, in a group that should be giving him like 98% of the vote.

Considering what happened in the primary, it's not that surprising.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 10:40:07 AM »

Toss-up but favouring Biden still which is what was expected. The case for Lean D can also be made, but probably need more polling for that.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024, 10:53:58 AM »

State remains a stretch goal for Trump.

Biden +2 in MN would likely mean Trump is winning the rust belt trio. I think this is a state where there may be a significant left third party vote .

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies