Presidential debate megathread (debate 1: June 27, 9pm EDT, CNN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:06:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Presidential debate megathread (debate 1: June 27, 9pm EDT, CNN)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Presidential debate megathread (debate 1: June 27, 9pm EDT, CNN)  (Read 4022 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 08:29:20 AM »
« edited: May 15, 2024, 07:38:11 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

So we're going to have a debate in JUNE?

GAinDC

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 08:35:48 AM »

Why are either of them so eager to debate? Seems like a big risk for both campaigns
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 08:36:16 AM »

omg please please please
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 08:39:11 AM »

Why are either of them so eager to debate? Seems like a big risk for both campaigns

CNN - In the letter on Wednesday, Biden campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon said the campaign is proposing an altered schedule because the original dates are “out of step with changes with changes in the structure of our elections and the interests of voters,” pointing to the timeline of early voting, the way the commission has built debates as an “entertainment spectacle” and the commission being “unable or unwilling” to enforce rules in 2020 debates.

TL;DR - Both campaigns hate the COPD.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 08:41:58 AM »

Maybe because the race is a tossup and each side wants to pull ahead.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 08:44:33 AM »

Trump is going to get destroyed. He is in mid-stage dementia. All Biden has to do is answer the questions concisely and he wins. I absolutely can’t believe Trump accepted. Maybe he had no choice because the electorate would perceive him as a coward if he ducked the debates

Biden is luring Trump into a trap because for all his issues, Biden is good enough to stay sharp for 90 minutes to two hours (see the State of the Union)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 08:46:54 AM »

Having earlier debates is a good idea due to the prevalence of early voting.

What I read into this is that the Biden team believes they actually are behind (despite what they say) and they figure putting Trump more in front of the voters will drag him down.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM »

Trump is going to get destroyed. He is in mid-stage dementia. All Biden has to do is answer the questions concisely and he wins. I absolutely can’t believe Trump accepted. Maybe he had no choice because the electorate would perceive him as a coward if he ducked the debates

Trump just loves the attention and he will claim that he "won by a tremendous margin" no matter how horrible is performance is. The dude is a shameless naracissist.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 08:49:43 AM »

Having earlier debates is a good idea due to the prevalence of early voting.

What I read into this is that the Biden team believes they actually are behind (despite what they say) and they figure putting Trump more in front of the voters will drag him down.

I think the Biden campaign knows Trump has dementia so getting Trump out there earlier will cement that in the minds of voters. Trump can’t keep his train of thought for more than 30 seconds. He is severely degraded from what he was in 2016 or even 2020
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 08:49:52 AM »

It's really happening.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 08:52:51 AM »

Bidens demand is Moderators only accepted from CBS NEWS, ABC NEWS, CNN or Telemundo.

That alone would be a NO-GO from me if I were Trump.

How can Trump assume Moderators like Norah O'Donnell, John Dickerson (CBS), Linsey Davis, David Muir (ABC) or Jake Tapper, Dana Bash (CNN) tread him fairly when they trashed him over the last 7 Years.
Redban

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 08:56:02 AM »

Biden's requirements:

- Debates would not be handled by Commission on Presidential Debates (which has done the debates since 1988)
- Debates cannot be held in front of live audience
- Debates will be held inside a TV studio with mics that cut off once someone's time is up
- No RFK Jr or third-party candidates

Trump's "acceptance" is from a Truth Social post, and he's been known to talk nonsense on Truth Social. I believe that Trump, in 2020, rejected Biden's suggestion to have mics cut off after a person's alloted time. I would conjecture that Trump probably hasn't heard of all of Biden's requirements for these debates

Biden's demand of no third-party / RFK Jr can draw some bad press towards him, provoking allegations of unfairness. He's giving none of the third-party candidates a chance, no matter how much support they get. Kennedy is probably going to earn ballot access in 50 states
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 08:59:58 AM »

Why should RFK be handled in debate he's not polling 15
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 09:02:35 AM »

My prediction before any debates even happen: Trump supporters will think Trump won, Biden supporters will think Biden won, undecided voters will lament how these are our two choices, and RFK will livestream himself answering the same questions as if he's also on the stage with them, further cementing that our third party candidates are no better than the major party candidates. Nobody wins.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 09:09:06 AM »

It's gonna be class warfare between the rich and poor Spk Pelosi gave us those stimulus checks and Spk Johnson hasn't passed one single check

Because Tax cuts gives Oil subsidies to Corporations 35 to 21 percent

That's why Gallego needs to break the Filibuster

This is what Redban and OSR don't realize that Big oil gets tax cuts it's not just corporate that gives us jobs like a Walgreens and Walmart
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 09:12:01 AM »

I will believe this when it actually happens. Trump has been known to spew nonsense on Truth Social before (literally all the time). We don't need RFK Jr. up there. Trump will already be saying all kinds of crazy things. No need to have two candidates doing that.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2024, 09:14:51 AM »

So I think trump is 100% going to use what going on in Israel to get joe to make a gaffe or really just  to make his base pissed off at joe
If he goes pro-Israel that mean lost pro-Palestine votes, if he goes pro-Palestine that lost pro-Israel votes and trying to go moderate seem only to piss off both sides
dspNY
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 09:15:26 AM »

I will believe this when it actually happens. Trump has been known to spew nonsense on Truth Social before (literally all the time). We don't need RFK Jr. up there. Trump will already be saying all kinds of crazy things. No need to have two candidates doing that.

If they both agreed to a June debate I don’t think either one can back out without looking weak
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2024, 09:15:46 AM »

Especially no need for a candidate with a 0% - in words zero - chance to actually win the election.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2024, 09:18:05 AM »

So I think trump is 100% going to use what going on in Israel to get joe to make a gaffe or really just  to make his base pissed off at joe
If he goes pro-Israel that mean lost pro-Palestine votes, if he goes pro-Palestine that lost pro-Israel votes and trying to go moderate seem only to piss off both sides

This is not 2016 or even 2020 when it comes to Trump being able to think on his feet. Trump’s brain is halfway gone at this point
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2024, 09:24:00 AM »

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2024, 09:25:02 AM »

Biden's requirements:

- Debates cannot be held in front of live audience
- Debates will be held inside a TV studio with mics that cut off once someone's time is up

These should basically always be the rules. Debates are meaningless if it's endless talking over each other.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2024, 09:26:38 AM »

So I think trump is 100% going to use what going on in Israel to get joe to make a gaffe or really just  to make his base pissed off at joe

This is not 2016 or even 2020 when it comes to Trump being able to think on his feet. Trump’s brain is halfway gone at this point
I don't exactly believe that or really any candidate have dementia so ya know there no credible proof Trump seem pretty fine and well Hell if trump have dementia then joe have that too probably
I haven't exactly forgot that time Joe described America in one words and that ASUFUTIMAEHAEHFUTBW and the many other Bidenisms moments But again i don't believe any candidate have dementia and there both healthy for men there age
But we see what will happen in that debate room
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2024, 09:26:45 AM »

So I think trump is 100% going to use what going on in Israel to get joe to make a gaffe or really just  to make his base pissed off at joe

Trump himself has trashed Netanyahu and said that Israel's invasion must end soon. Accusing Biden of not being supportive enough will be pushing his luck.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2024, 09:27:45 AM »

Excellent news. Either Biden slays and calms everyone down, or he sucks and we replace him at the convention.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies