Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:03:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment  (Read 22623 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 27, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »

NC and GA grow at the same rate in 2007. GA growth rate slowed down while NC growth rate went up.  NC is about 500,000 people short of GA, I think NC will pass them by 2010.

Yes, but GA's growth rate is higher on average over the decade. They are estimated to have about 500 K more this year than NC, and that shouldn't change substantially in a little over two years when the census is taken. That is enough to get a seat for GA, but not for NC.

You may be right, but it will be fun to see how thing turn out over the next two years. I'm not to sure about GA, but I know the NC poulation is growing due to the movement of people form NY,NJ and MI. We need to keep an eye on this small fight for this seat.

It will be a close count. Even though NC is not in the next five on my list, it would only need another 60 K beyond my projection to get a seat.
At what list spot are GA-16 and NC-16?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »

Only the western one, actually. Mostly around Yakima, but also Richland-Kennewick.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »

Awesome Smiley

Only the western one, actually. Mostly around Yakima, but also Richland-Kennewick.

The two biggest concentrations of illegal Hispanics are around Pasco (Kennewick to a lesser extent, but not so much Richland; it's pretty much lily-white) and Yakima.

I assume that the district that links Walla Walla and Yakima would do so via Franklin County (Pasco), which would mean it has plenty of illegals too.  In fact, I'd wager that the eastern would have just as many, if not more (Clark County doesn't have an exceptionally high Hispanic population).

I'd be able to tell you more if I could see a mapped version of muon2's districts, because I'm not sure I totally understand from the text descriptions.
I (and whoever I was replying to as well) was referring to the current map, ie the current Yakima-Richland-Pasco-Kennewick district as opposed to the current Spokane-Walla Walla district.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies