TR wins in 1912
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:19:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  TR wins in 1912
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Author Topic: TR wins in 1912  (Read 116714 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2008, 12:56:43 AM »

Why do all these timelines involve the death of the Republican party in some form? And it's strange to see a 40% increase and then a 50% loss of senators for the GOP during each cycle.

In mine the Democratic party died out.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2008, 07:35:21 AM »

Maybe Steve the Nazi doesn't win in 2006.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »

Whilst I am glad to see that you have updated this timeline once more Ben, I am concerned about the direction of the timeline. I feel that whilst its good to focus on domestic events, such as the crucial legislation signed into law during one's presidency, in this case Paul Wellstone, that it should be balanced with foreign events to boot. For example the UK General Election of 2005 or the Canadian General Election of 2006. If not an election, something different, though I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

My next update will mention the UK and Canadian General Elections of 2007, don't worry.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »

My next update will mention the UK and Canadian General Elections of 2007, don't worry.

Good to know, but those elections were held in both nations in May 2005 and January 2006 respectively. Now I am confused Huh

Anywho, has anything radically changed with Australia? Or do I assume that John Winston Howard will lose the upcoming election, to be held sometime in 2007, to the newly elected leader of the Australian Labor Party Kevin Rudd? I at least hope for something, whatever that might be to have changed.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »

Good to know, but those elections were held in both nations in May 2005 and January 2006 respectively. Now I am confused Huh

Anywho, has anything radically changed with Australia? Or do I assume that John Winston Howard will lose the upcoming election, to be held sometime in 2007, to the newly elected leader of the Australian Labor Party Kevin Rudd? I at least hope for something, whatever that might be to have changed.

You've become a client state to Japan. Sorry.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

You've become a client state to Japan. Sorry.

Are you sure your not confusing it with China? I mean, I swear I have seen some of these posters of Kevin Rudd, as seen below around numerous Chinese cities such as her capital Beijing, Shanghai, etc.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Wow... so the United States is a fascist state in this TL?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »

One thing that changed about the UK/Canada is the election dates.

John Howard actually won the election held on 16 October, 2006, defeating Kevin Rudd, by a substantial margin.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

The Federal Reserve, the IRS, the FBI, and the Anti-Defamation League were all founded in 1913. Would they if TR were President instead of Wilson?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

The Federal Reserve, the IRS, the FBI, and the Anti-Defamation League were all founded in 1913. Would they if TR were President instead of Wilson?

Yes, they were all established.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2008, 01:41:13 AM »

John Howard actually won the election held on 16 October, 2006, defeating Kevin Rudd, by a substantial margin.

Really? I know this is your timeline and all, but I find it hard to believe that John Howard would firstly win a fifth term in office in late 2006 (elections are held usually every three years, and the last one was held in 2004 so of course the next election would be held in 2007), particularly when the Coalition was trailing the Labor Party in most opinion polls at that moment in time. Secondly, when did Rudd become leader of the Labor Party? He didn't until December 2006 in RL, so why would he become leader earlier?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »

So... why do the election dates change for no reason that wasn't explained?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #412 on: December 03, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »

So... why do the election dates change for no reason that wasn't explained?

The entire election trajectory has changed over the last 96 years.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

And you didn't even bother explaining that, saying that everything went as in RL.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #414 on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »

And you didn't even bother explaining that, saying that everything went as in RL.

I haven't said everything, just that most things had.  I've mentioned past elections, but I admit I've made mistakes in not paying attention to foreign countries.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #415 on: December 03, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »

An election in 2006 really isn't a big stretch. Elections aren't always every three years.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #416 on: December 04, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »

In his State of the Union on January 26, 2007, President Wellstone responds to criticisms that he has been irresponsible regarding the military budget.  “I understand that some people think that any cut in military spending is a threat to our national security.  That is simply not true.  It is more important to have an educated military, than to have a military that has more money that it knows what to do with.”

Following on that trend, Wellstone asks Congress to pass the Military Education Act of 2007.  The MEA, written jointly by Senators Ben Nelson (D-NE), and Jack Nelson (P-RI), the legislation would offer a full academic scholarship, paid for by the US Government, to any student who promises to join the military following their graduation.  Strongly supported by liberals, it is surprisingly opposed by conservatives such as Zell Miller (D-GA), who claims that it would be too great of a burden on American taxpayers.  This assertion is disputed by Senator Kent Conrad (P-ND), Chairman of the Budget Committee, who says that the increase will not be as great as Miller claims, and that he is merely using scare tactics.

On February 28, the Senate votes on cloture, trying to end a filibuster led by conservatives like Miller, Mitch McConnell (D-KY), and Jim Inhofe (D-OK).  The Senate grants cloture, 63-37, and passes the MEA on March 5 by a vote of 57-37.

In the House, the MEA faces the same issues it had in the Senate.  Congressman Walter B. Jones (D-NC) charges that the legislation would not only “Bankrupt the government and the military, but it will also flood the halls of academia with unqualified, uncouth students.  For the sake of all involved, this legislation must be stopped.”  However, the legislation is supported by the strong Progressive majority, and on March 29, by a vote of 272-128, the MEA passes.  It is signed by the President on March 31.

On April 7, 2007, the UK General Elections result in a major victory for incumbent Prime Minister Tony Blair’s Labour Party.  Despite polls before the election showing a likely defeat, a scandal involving several Conservatives breaks in the days before the election, causing a sharp swing towards Labour.  Blair calls the election a mandate, and promises to bring change to the British people, including comprehensive health care legislation.

Starting on April 16, President Wellstone begins a tour of the Western Hemisphere.  He starts with Canada, where elections are scheduled to be held on June 25, and meets with Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who had taken office following the elections of July 28, 2005.  Wellstone then moves throughout Europe, spending the most time in the United Kingdom, where he congratulates Blair on his recent victory, and ends his trip in Vatican City, where he meets with the newly elected Pope John XXV, formerly Archbishop of Seville Carlos Cardinal Amigo Vallejo.

Shortly after returning to the US on May 10, Wellstone falls seriously ill, and is hospitalized for several weeks.  When he is released from the hospital on June 2, Wellstone immediately goes to his home in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and does not appear at a public function until July 4, although he does send a message to Stephen Harper congratulating him on his reelection in the Canada General Election.

On July 4, in his first appearance in public since his mysterious illness, President Wellstone gives a nationally televised address to the American public.  Wellstone reveals that he had been diagnosed with cancer in 1999, but that it went into remission in 2002, when he was elected Governor of Minnesota.  When he ran for President in 2004, his doctors assured him that he would have no major health crises that could prevent him from serving as President.  “However,” he continues, “Recently it was discovered that my cancer had indeed returned, and I have been given less than one year to live.  It is with great sadness, therefore, that I announce that I will not be a candidate for President in 2008.”
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #417 on: December 05, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »

The Race for the Progressive Nomination

Wellstone’s announcement that he would not seek reelection send shockwaves throughout the Progressive establishment.  Within several days, though, candidates start to declare for the nomination.  The first candidate to declare for the nomination is Vice President Kerry, the presumptive frontrunner, on July 14.  He is followed on July 19 by Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut.  On July 27, Governors Jim Doyle of Wisconsin and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts declare for the nomination.  On August 4, the final candidate, Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio, declares for the nomination.

Kerry’s campaign, despite his frontrunner status, is considered weak to begin with.  He makes a series of gaffes, such as saying in Virginia on August 12 that he had been Vice President for eight, instead of four, years.  In Florida on August 16, he calls Senator Dodd a Democrat, and on September 3 in Iowa he calls Tony Blair the Prime Minister of Canada.

National Progressive Poll (October 1, 2008)Sad
Kerry: 32%
Doyle: 28%
Romney: 25%
Kucinich: 4%
Dodd: 3%
Undecided: 8%

On January 15, the first two primaries of the year are held in Wisconsin and Utah.

Wisconsin:
Doyle: 72%, 92 delegates
Kerry: 10%, 0 delegates
Romney: 9%, 0 delegates
Dodd: 8%, 0 delegates
Kucinich: 1%, 0 delegates

Utah:
Romney: 91%, 29 delegates
Doyle: 5%, 0 delegates
Kerry: 2%, 0 delegates
Dodd: 1%, 0 delegates
Kucinich: 1%, 0 delegates

Following two finishes with just 1% and running low on funds, Kucinich drops out following the primaries, but offers no endorsement.  A week later, the voters go to the polls in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina.

Alabama:
Doyle: 38%, 26 delegates
Kerry: 33%, 20 delegates
Romney: 19%, 14 delegates
Dodd: 10%, 0 delegates

Georgia:
Kerry: 38%, 45 delegates
Doyle: 34%, 35 delegates
Romney: 20%, 24 delegates

Louisiana:
Doyle: 45%, 37 delegates
Kerry: 39%, 31 delegates
Dodd: 10%, 0 delegates
Romney: 6%, 0 delegates

Mississippi:
Doyle: 39%, 17 delegates
Kerry: 31%, 13 delegates
Romney: 23%, 10 delegates
Dodd: 7%, 0 delegates

Mississippi:
Doyle: 50%, 29 delegates
Kerry: 29%, 16 delegates
Romney: 13%, 0 delegates

After not picking up a single delegate throughout the election, Dodd drops out of the election, and endorses Doyle, much to the chagrin of his fellow New Englanders Kerry and Romney.

The next week, primaries are held in every New England state except for Rhode Island.

Connecticut:
Romney: 41%, 26 delegates
Kerry: 34%, 20 delegates
Doyle: 25%, 15 delegates

Maine:
Kerry: 45%, 15 delegates
Romney: 37%, 13 delegates
Doyle: 18%, 6 delegates

Massachusetts:
Kerry: 50%, 66 delegates
Romney: 49%, 55 delegates
Doyle: 1%, 0 delegates

New Hampshire:
Kerry: 45%, 10 delegates
Romney: 29%, 6 delegates
Doyle: 26%, 6 delegates

Vermont:
Kerry: 50%, 13 delegates
Romney: 40%, 10 delegates
Doyle: 10%, 0 delegates

The next week, the Super Tuesday primaries are held in California, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

California:
Doyle: 41%, 191 delegates
Kerry: 35%, 147 delegates
Romney: 24%, 103 delegates

Illinois:
Doyle: 50%, 102 delegates
Kerry: 38%, 83 delegates
Romney: 12%, 0 delegates

New York:
Doyle: 45%, 130 delegates
Kerry: 39%, 103 delegates
Romney: 16%, 47 delegates

Pennsylvania:
Doyle: 53%, 100 delegates
Kerry: 37%, 81 delegates
Romney: 10%, 0 delegates

Texas:
Doyle: 52%, 122 delegates
Kerry: 30%, 76 delegates
Romney: 18%, 30 delegates

Facing a massive delegate deficit, and with polls in upcoming states not appearing favorable, Romney drops out on February 6.  In a surprising move, Romney endorses Doyle, and gives all of his delegates to him.  This puts Doyle at 1,275 delegates, compared to just 739 for Kerry.  On February 8, then, Kerry drops out of the race, and endorses Doyle.  On July 20, Doyle announces that he will select Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan as his running mate.

The 2008 Progressive Convention
Most of the Convention is devoted to praising Wellstone, as well as introducing America to Governor Doyle.  Kerry and Romney both give long speeches pledging to work hard for Doyle, as does President Wellstone.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »

The Race for the Democratic Nomination

Like the Progressive campaign, the Wellstone announcement has a major impact on the battle for the Democratic nomination.  Prior to the Wellstone decision, only one Democrat had declared for the nomination, former Senator John Edwards, the 2004 Democratic nominee.  Following the Wellstone announcement, though, two more Democrats quickly announce for the nomination: Senators Al Gore of Tennessee, and John Breaux of Louisiana.  On August 17, the only non-Southerner to enter the race, Governor John Hoeven of North Dakota declares for the nomination.

National Democratic Poll (October 1, 2008)Sad
Edwards: 32%
Gore: 30%
Breaux: 20%
Hoeven: 11%
Undecided: 7%

As the campaign begins, the two leading contenders appear to be Edwards and Gore, with Breaux and Hoeven in the second tier.  During the debates, though, Edwards begins to fall, and Hoeven emerges into the top tier, relying on his eight year record as a very successful Governor of North Dakota.  As the first primaries of the year in Indiana and Florida approach on January 8, it appears to be a race between Gore and Hoeven.

Florida:
Gore: 39%, 57 delegates
Hoeven: 31%
Edwards: 19%
Breaux: 11%

Indiana:
Hoeven: 42%, 57 delegates
Edwards: 30%
Gore: 15%
Breaux: 13%

Despite two last place finishes, Breaux decides to stay in the race, hoping to perform better in the January 15 Deep South primaries.

Alabama:
Breaux: 46%, 48 delegates
Edwards: 29%
Gore: 13%
Hoeven: 12%

Georgia:
Breaux: 47%, 72 delegates
Gore: 33%
Edwards: 12%
Hoeven: 8%

Louisiana:
Breaux: 75%, 46 delegates
Edwards: 13%
Gore: 7%
Hoeven: 5%

Mississippi:
Breaux: 50%, 38 delegates
Gore: 23%
Hoeven: 17%
Edwards: 10%

South Carolina:
Breaux: 42%, 47 delegates
Edwards: 36%
Gore: 12%
Hoeven: 10%

After failing to receive a single delegate through seven primaries, Edwards drops out on January 16, and endorses Gore.  Hoeven, meanwhile, prepares for his own big day, as the January 22 bulk of primaries include mostly Midwestern states, including his home state.

Iowa:
Hoeven: 45%, 41 delegates
Gore: 34%
Breaux: 21%

Kansas:
Hoeven: 50%, 39 delegates
Gore: 32%
Breaux: 18%

Montana:
Gore: 43%, 25 delegates
Hoeven: 37%

Nebraska:
Hoeven: 46%, 33 delegates
Gore: 34%

North Dakota:
Hoeven: 90%, 26 delegates
Gore: 5%
Breaux: 5%

Despite being third in the delegate count, gore decides to stay in the race, hoping to knock off either Hoeven or Breaux with major victories on February 5, known as Super Tuesday due to the fact that the largest states in the country will all be voting that day.

California:
Gore: 44%, 173 delegates
Hoeven: 31%
Breaux: 25%

Illinois:
Hoeven: 44%, 70 delegates
Gore: 36%

New York:
Hoeven: 37%, 101 delegates
Hoeven: 32%
Breaux: 31%

Ohio:
Gore: 39%, 88
Breaux: 32%
Hoeven: 29%

Texas:
Breaux: 50%, 140 delegates
Gore: 38%
Hoeven: 12%

Post Super Tuesday Delegate Count:
Breaux: 391
Hoeven: 367
Gore: 343

With no clear frontrunner following Super Tuesday, the candidates prepare for a tough campaign season.  The week after Super Tuesday the candidates square off in Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee.

Alaska:
Gore: 47%, 29 delegates
Hoeven: 37%
Breaux: 16%

Arkansas:
Breaux: 50%, 34 delegates
Gore: 40%
Hoeven: 10%

Delaware:
Gore: 39%, 18 delegates
Breaux: 32%
Hoeven: 29%

Massachusetts:
Hoeven: 46%, 43 delegates
Gore: 35%
Breaux: 19%

North Carolina:
Breaux: 45%, 69 delegates
Gore: 37%
Hoeven: 18%

Virginia:
Breaux: 47%, 63 delegates
Hoeven: 13%

Tennessee:
Gore: 79%, 55 delegates
Breaux: 14%
Hoeven: 7%

Despite being third in the delegate count, Hoeven makes the decision to stay in the race.  With all the Southern primaries over, Hoeven expects to be able to jump ahead of Gore and Breaux, looking at their combined five non-Southern victories, compared to his eight.  He hopes that, heading into the February 18 primaries in Connecticut, Hawaii, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania, he will gain enough delegates to try and finagle an endorsement from one of the candidates.

Connecticut:
Hoeven: 49%, 30 delegates
Breaux: 11%

Hawaii:
Gore: 53%, 20 delegates
Hoeven: 43%
Breaux: 4%,

Michigan:
Hoeven: 46%, 30 delegates
Breaux: 24%

Minnesota:
Hoeven: 49%, 41 delegates
Breaux: 21%

Oklahoma:
Gore: 50%, 42 delegates
Breaux: 44%
Hoeven: 6%

Pennsylvania:
Gore: 47%, 74 delegates
Hoeven: 33%

Following the last set of primaries, Gore and Breaux meet privately in Washington, and come to an agreement.  Breaux will drop out of the race, and endorse Gore, in exchange for any Cabinet job that he desires.  This places Gore at 1138 delegates, just short of the nomination.  Hoeven, however, decides to continue, banking on victories the next week in Maryland, Missouri, and New Jersey.

Maryland:
Gore: 55%, 37 delegates
Hoeven: 45%

Missouri:
Gore: 62%, 58 delegates
Hoeven: 38%

New Jersey:
Gore: 53%, 52 delegates
Hoeven: 47%

Following the three victories, Gore crosses the threshold needed to win the nomination, and on February 26, Hoeven drops out, and endorses Gore.  In early July, in an attempt to secure the farm and conservative votes, Gore selects Hoeven as his running mate.

The 2008 Democratic Convention
At the Convention in Nashville, Tennessee, the most talked about speeches are the Keynote Speech by Senator Mark R. Warner of Virginia, the acceptance speech by Gore, and the closing speech of the Convention, delivered by Governor Phil Bredesen of Tennessee.  Following the Convention, polls show Gore narrowly ahead of Doyle, with the Republican ticket of Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont and Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire trailing far behind.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2008, 04:21:32 PM by Mideast Governor Benconstine »

The 2008 Presidential Campaign:

Just like the previous election, polls show the 2008 campaign as being very close following the conventions, although Gore holds a consistent lead over Doyle and Douglas.

National Poll (September 9)Sad
Gore: 39%
Doyle: 37%
Douglas: 14%
Undecided: 10%

The first debate on September 15 turns out as a draw, although Gore scores a major victory when he hammers Doyle on his executive abilities, pointing to recent budget issues in Wisconsin.

Post debate national poll:
Gore: 42%
Doyle: 36%
Douglas: 15%
Undecided: 7%

In the second debate, held on October 5, Doyle attempts to fight back against Gore, saying that he is too conservative for America.  The attack falls flat, though, as Gore points to numerous achievements on environmental issues.

National poll:
Gore: 45%
Doyle: 35%
Douglas: 16%
Undecided: 4%

As the campaign draws to a close, Doyle makes a series of stops in every major state, including the Democratic strongholds of Texas and Florida, trying to convince voters that he will be a better President.  He fails, though, and Al Gore wins a convincing victory.

Al Gore/John Hoeven: 47% PV, 356 EV
Jim Doyle/Debbie Stabenow: 37% PV, 161 EV
Jim Douglas/Jeanne Shaheen: 16% PV, 21 EV

The 2008 Congressional Elections

The Gore victory brings in a large number of new Democrats into Congress, although the Progressives maintain the majority in the House.

House Results:
Progressives: 223 (-25)
Democrats: 172 (+32)
Republicans: 40 (-7)

Senate Results:
Democrats: 49 (+9)
Progressives: 39 (-7)
Republicans: 12 (-2)
defe07

« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »

So in the Democratic Primaries, the 15% threshold rule wouldn't have applied to all states like they do in real life?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

So in the Democratic Primaries, the 15% threshold rule wouldn't have applied to all states like they do in real life?

Correct, but they did for the Progressives.

Well, everyone, this is the end of my magnum opus, a 9 month labor of love.  I thank everyone who read, and commented, on this timeline.  I will happily take any questions, final comments, etc., that people ask for.  I may also provide some historical appendices, if anyone wants them.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2008, 01:18:16 PM by Mideast Governor Benconstine »

Appendix 1: Presidents of the United States

28th: Theodore Roosevelt (Progressive - New York) 1913-1921
29th: Claude Swanson (Democratic - Virginia) 1921-1929
30th: William Borah (Progressive - Idaho) 1929-1933
31st: Millard Tydings (Democratic - Maryland) 1933-1935
32nd: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic - New York) 1935-1949
33rd: Claude Pepper (Democratic - Florida) 1949-1953
34th: Earl Warren (Progressive - California) 1953-1961
35th: James Roosevelt (Democratic - California) 1961-1969
36th: Henry 'Scoop' Jackson (Democratic - Washington) 1969-1977
37th: Ronald Reagan (Democratic - California) 1977-1981
38th: Mike O'Callaghan (Progressive - Nevada) 1981-1989
39th: John Warner (Democratic - Virginia) 1989-1997
40th: Colin Powell (Progressive - New York) 1997-2005
41st: Paul Wellstone (Progressive - Minnesota) 2005-2009
42nd Albert Gore Jr. (Democratic - Tennessee) 2009 -??

Appendix 2: Vice Presidents of the United States

28th: Hiram Johnson (Progressive - California) 1913-1921
29th: George Hunt (Democratic - Arizona) 1921-1929
30th: John Hammill (Progressive - Iowa) 1929-1933
31st: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic - New York) 1933-1935
32nd: John Bankhead (Democratic - Alabama) 1937-1945
33rd: Claude Pepper (Democratic - Florida) 1945-1949
34th: Joseph O'Mahoney (Democratic - Wyoming) 1949-1953
35th: Thomas Dewey (Progressive - New York) 1953-1961
36th: Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic - Texas) 1961-1969
37th: Ronald Reagan (Democratic - California) 1969-1977
38th: Jimmy Carter (Democratic - Georgia) 1977-1981
39th: Mike Gravel (Progressive - Alaska) 1981-1989
40th: Bill Clinton (Democratic - Arkansas) 1989-1997
41st: Paull Wellstone (Progressive - Minnesota) 1997-2001
42nd: Harry Reid (Progressive - Nevada) 2001-2005
43rd: John Kerry (Progressive - Massachusetts) 2005-2009
44th: John Hoeven (Democratic - North Dakota) 2009-??
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »

Appendix 3: Speakers of the House of Representatives

41st: Champ Clark (Democratic - Missouri) 1911-1915
42nd: Henry Cooper (Progressive - Wisconsin 1915-1923
43rd: Finis J. Garrett (Democratic - Tennessee) 1923-1927
44th: Bertrand Snell (Progressive - New York 1927-1929
45th: John Nance Garner (Democratic - Texas) 1929-1939
46th: Sam Rayburn (Democratic - Texas) 1939-1953
47th: Joseph Martin (Progressive - Massachusetts) 1953-1963
48th: Carl Albert (Democratic - Oklahoma) 1963-1977
49th: Hale Boggs (Democratic - Louisiana) 1977-1981
50th: Gerald Ford (Progressive - Michigan) 1981-1987
51st: Tom Foley (Progressive - Washington) 1987-1993
52nd: Newt Gingrich (Democratic - Georgia) 1993-1997
53rd: Jim Leach (Progressive - Iowa) 1997-??
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

What's happening in France by 2008?

Please don't say "as in real life"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to: