now I'm not going to say Manor Lords is the best video game ever, but
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  now I'm not going to say Manor Lords is the best video game ever, but
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: now I'm not going to say Manor Lords is the best video game ever, but  (Read 249 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2024, 04:42:16 PM »

if you enjoy playing Tropica, Total War and most especially, Age of Empires, you should definitely check Manor Lords out.  Very nice to look at, just complicated enough micromanagement, not enough experience with the combat yet (3 battles, I'm 2-1).  Buckets of fun though.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 06:09:15 PM »

More than likely going to pick it up today. I'm a fan of AOE sure, and I've dabbled in Tropico, but I also really enjoy another game published by this company, Against the Storm, so I trust them to make a good product. Farthest Frontiers is another amazing city builder.

If/When I do try it out I'll post my thoughts. Smile
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 06:21:15 PM »

My son recommended this to me yesterday.

Said it was awesome.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 06:30:21 PM »

it's in "early access" so there are a few issues (my third game ended for reasons I don't understand and the game didn't explain)

the story goes, most of the game was made by one guy and he needed an injection of cash to get the game finished in a reasonable time (it's still not done, lots of missing pieces, but the bones work good enough) and this publisher liked what they saw and the game fits in well with their other titles, so they jumped in and are helping him finish.  Some of the best games of all time have been from the brain of one guy with a good idea and strong worth ethic, this one may end up being one of them.

Well worth the $30 investment even if they never change a single thing about the current, slightly buggy, unfinished game.  It's a lot of fun.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:18:52 PM »

I was a big fan of the Total War games back in the day before they got weird.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 10:08:14 PM »

I tried it. I still prefer something like Crusader Kings. I'm not that interested in building a town, really. I'll go back to it sometimes because it cost 30 dollars and I generally don't like spending that much on a game unless I'm going to invest quite a bit of time in it (probably why my Steam library has like 6 games in it), but yeah, I'm not that enamored with it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 11:59:40 PM »

This game does look fun...
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 10:33:19 AM »

I tried it. I still prefer something like Crusader Kings. I'm not that interested in building a town, really. I'll go back to it sometimes because it cost 30 dollars and I generally don't like spending that much on a game unless I'm going to invest quite a bit of time in it (probably why my Steam library has like 6 games in it), but yeah, I'm not that enamored with it.

A bit 'off-topic' but After the End mod for CK3 has been my latest obsession. Twice as big as the original game and an absolutely insane amount of polish and lore.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 11:27:39 AM »

A bit 'off-topic' but After the End mod for CK3 has been my latest obsession. Twice as big as the original game and an absolutely insane amount of polish and lore.

I have that mod for CK2 but not CK3 (I only have the CK 3 base game at the moment. Haven’t played it much since it ran like a turtle on my previous laptop). I enjoy it, although I still have much more playtime in the GoT mod.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 03:28:59 PM »

It's not that they got weird, it's that it became a combination of sh**tty FOMO tactics like pumping out DLCs that weren't worth sh**t, and that they haven't changed their engine from Empire. If they bothered to change the engine back to something that feels heavier and more melee orientated who knows...
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 04:08:14 PM »

It's not that they got weird, it's that it became a combination of sh**tty FOMO tactics like pumping out DLCs that weren't worth sh**t, and that they haven't changed their engine from Empire. If they bothered to change the engine back to something that feels heavier and more melee orientated who knows...

The funny thing is that gunpowder units functioned significantly better in Medieval II than they did in Empire.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 09:49:44 PM »

The funny thing is that gunpowder units functioned significantly better in Medieval II than they did in Empire.

The Steam and Steel mod for Medieval II is my current obsession. I haven't touched Medieval II in like 5 years.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 02:05:13 PM »

It got my interest, when seeing it advertised on Steam.
Is it too new, where it is really buggy? Should one wait to buy it, say 2 or 3 months from now?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 02:18:19 PM »

Is it too new, where it is really buggy? Should one wait to buy it, say 2 or 3 months from now?
it's buggy still, but not unplayably so.  I actually only just alt-tabed out of my game just now to Google a problem I was having (village got raided, homes burned down, rebuilt the houses, but the people won't move back in) and was disappointed to find out there is no fix.  So I'm starting over, but this is one of those games where you spend most of your time playing dreaming of how you won't be making THESE mistakes in the next play through, don't worry, I'll make others Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2024, 04:55:49 PM »

it's buggy still, but not unplayably so.  I actually only just alt-tabed out of my game just now to Google a problem I was having (village got raided, homes burned down, rebuilt the houses, but the people won't move back in) and was disappointed to find out there is no fix.  So I'm starting over, but this is one of those games where you spend most of your time playing dreaming of how you won't be making THESE mistakes in the next play through, don't worry, I'll make others Smiley

OK. Good to know. Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies